Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Repairing MX, need resources/instructions.

Ok, the other day i stupidly took my mx into school and it suffered a pretty nasty fall, this camera has never let me down before but i dropped it pretty hard. The 50mm 1.4 was totally warped and focus missaligned, i took it apart and built it up again from scratch and its working perfectly again!
I managed to fix the counter and winder in the body, but unfortunately the lightmeter will not engage. It has always been on and off, often needed a couple of bangs to get working, but at the moment it is completely unactive. I opened up the bottom plate and tested the battery contacts and switch, both are working and i got some flickrs out of the lightmeter too.

Anyway, need help with this. Anyone else got loose LED type lightmeters? Where is the problem?
I'd love some MX internals schematics too.

xxx

06-12-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
Banned

here is a PDF service manual. not sure how helpful it will be.
http://www.pentax-manuals.com/manuals/service/mx_sm.pdf
06-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

This might be what you are looking for:

http://www.robertstech.com/files/mx_sm.pdf

Good luck!

re-tom
06-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks guys, very detailed instructions but its not really in my "language".. hahaha. All i can work out from that is that there is some pretty critical circuitry under the topplate that could well be the problem, ill check it out later. Unfortunately it wont be in action for a gig im going to tonight so its entirely up to the k20d.
If anyone else has any experience with the lightmeter it would be very much appreciateedd

06-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #5
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by IsaacEastgate Quote
thanks guys, very detailed instructions but its not really in my "language".. hahaha. All i can work out from that is that there is some pretty critical circuitry under the topplate that could well be the problem, ill check it out later. Unfortunately it wont be in action for a gig im going to tonight so its entirely up to the k20d.
If anyone else has any experience with the lightmeter it would be very much appreciateedd
no I dont. but I will say this, you will need a spanner to get the top plate off. and I believe the screws on some of these parts are reverse threaded.