Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
04-13-2015, 12:04 PM   #16

Update: Ok it looks like the spring is broken as well as the pivot. It seems incredible since spring steel is as tough as... well.. spring steel.

As you can see from the attached photo the arm is missing the extended piece. It looks like it snapped at the "elbow". I'm trying to build up the ridge of the stop even more and perhaps this will work. If it doesn't I either have to get the spring from Ricoh (lots of luck with their parts policy) or buy a donor camera - not worth it really. I can use a rubber band looped over the eyepiece to hold the flash up.

Edit: well the body is a write-off - mirror problem - the pinion gear on the mirror motor must be cracked. Not worth getting the parts and stripping the camera down to get at the gear. Now if there were some other use for the CR-2 batteries...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Last edited by Not a Number; 04-14-2015 at 05:23 PM.
04-02-2016, 01:53 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
UScamera has the pivot in stock. With shipping in the US it will cost you about $12.
Following the above link, I ordered a pivot, plus one spare and a new battery door cover.

After they arrived, I was able to service the pop up flash on my MZ-5.
Below a few photos to help out those who are also planning to do this repair.

Main thing is to note the orientation and placement of the spring that fits over the pivot, which you can see in the last photo.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF