Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2009, 08:08 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Its amazing at the creepy reflections that you can capture around places like this.
Here is a crop of the window area from the 1st pic above.

This is very cool!

07-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #32
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
This house is abut 80 miles from my home.
Blue, where is that? It's a shame to see some of these beautiful, old southern homes deteriorate like that.

CW
07-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #33
Inactive Account

Its amazing at the creepy reflections that you can capture around places like this.
Here is a crop of the window area from the 1st pic above.
Did you hear fiddle music from inside? LOL

CW
07-06-2009, 08:57 AM   #34
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote
Blue, where is that? It's a shame to see some of these beautiful, old southern homes deteriorate like that.

CW
Its between Greenville, FL and Quitman, Ga. It is on Highway 221 known as Greenville, Highway just south of Quitman.

I didn't here fiddle music but there was an empty baby crib next to one of the windows. Apparently that place is popular with photographers.

A year before I took my shots, these people took these the in May, 2008.

07-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #35
Site Supporter

The place must not be too scary in the day time. More from the same people:

Different Person about 2 weeks after I took my photos early this April. This is the same chair the young woman above was sitting in a year earlier:

Click on thumb in upper left.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10822427@N04/sets/72157603888342249/?page=2

3 of the last four thumbs are also of the interior. The tags are Quitman, Georgia, Brooks County. The fountain is inside the side door of my photo in my post from the other day.

Last edited by Blue; 07-06-2009 at 09:12 AM.
07-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #36
Site Supporter

Demise on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

That's the same person that did those thumbnails in the above links.

Those other 2 thumbnails are the Quitman house as well.

Edit: I like how the person who took pics after me tries to play the creepy effect yet the couple that was there a year earlier was having a good time.
07-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #37
Site Supporter

CW

This place in central Georgia blows me away. Its in Eatonton.

Google Image Result for http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2044/2308234027_5cf14cd042.jpg?v=0

Edit: A couple of years ago when I went by the Quitman house, there was a piano on the porch.

Last edited by Blue; 07-06-2009 at 09:38 AM.
07-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #38
Inactive Account

I didn't here fiddle music ...
So Ol' Nick didn't "come down to Georgia" and play his fiddle that day.

Strange architecture on the Eatonton house. I should run down there one day and take a look at it. I have to go down to Cochran soon and photograph an old country house where my late father-in-law grew up. It's about to fall down since it hasn't been maintained in about 30 years and my wife wants as many pictures of it as we can get.

CW

Last edited by straightshooter; 07-06-2009 at 06:32 PM.
07-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #39
Site Supporter

So Ol' Nick didn't "come down to Georgia" and play his fiddle that day.

Strange architecture on the Eatonton house. I'm should run down there one day and take a look at it. I have to go down to Cochran soon and photograph an old country house where my late father-in-law grew up. It's about to fall down since it hasn't been maintained in about 30 years and my wife wants as many pictures of it as we can get.

CW
There are quite a few buildings in Eatonton to photography including antebellum but some other stuff such as railroad depot etc.

Eatonton Homes

Edit: I wonder if Ol' Nick was playing the piano for the young lady dancing? They Piano may have been gone by the time they were there though.

07-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #40
Site Supporter

O.k. M. Jackson's ghost was filmed during a Larry King interview at Neverland.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4819-Cable-TV-Examiner~y2009m7d6-CNN-video-starts-rumors-of-Michael-Jackson-ghost-sighting
07-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Original Poster
O.k. M. Jackson's ghost was filmed during a Larry King interview at Neverland.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4819-Cable-TV-Examiner~y2009m7d6-CNN-video-starts-rumors-of-Michael-Jackson-ghost-sighting
Was it in the children rooms?
07-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #42
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Was it in the children rooms?
It was roaming the hall way. If you notice in the video, the camera was looking down the hall just after they showed the door with enough locks on it to secure a bank vault.
07-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It was roaming the hall way. If you notice in the video, the camera was looking down the hall just after they showed the door with enough locks on it to secure a bank vault.
Oh, the one next to the Jesus juice?
07-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Ok here's one.

I was shooting a roll of Fuji 160NPS with the Voigtlander Rollfilmkamera (1933), trying to get things sorted out... I still have work to do on the camera.

But anyway, it is a 6x9 medium format folder - 8 pictures per roll. Picture 6 came out like this:

The key here is that the street with the cars on the left edge don't exist, or don't exist there at any rate. Perhaps it is the street behind me. But I did no double exposure thing. And the next two frames of the same building from the same spot that I took immediately afterward do not have this intrusion.
07-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Ok here's one.

I was shooting a roll of Fuji 160NPS with the Voigtlander Rollfilmkamera (1933), trying to get things sorted out... I still have work to do on the camera.

But anyway, it is a 6x9 medium format folder - 8 pictures per roll. Picture 6 came out like this:

The key here is that the street with the cars on the left edge don't exist, or don't exist there at any rate. Perhaps it is the street behind me. But I did no double exposure thing. And the next two frames of the same building from the same spot that I took immediately afterward do not have this intrusion.
Nesster, When you shoot 160 film what ASA setting do u use in the camera? I don't think any of mine have a 160 setting.