Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My "new" Spotmatic

Hello,

Thanks a fellow forum member thru the marketplace I got myself an affordable Spotmatic. While a bit tired, it seems to be working OK. I ordered a screwmount lens so I can't really test it until I get it.
In the meantime, I gave it a good cleanup. It turned out to be in great shape. The seals are a bit worn and there is some obstruction inside the viewfinder that looks like a piece of seal, but I don't dare to disassemble anything. These things have millions of parts. As soon as I get the lens I'll test it and report back.
From the other thread by woof it seems this camera is from around 1965 - 1966.
There were 2 versions of the original Spotmatic. This one is a later version but it have a few features from the first version. Maybe leftover parts were used until depletion.

As I got it:

After a few hours of careful cleanup

The rust in the mount was carefully sanded with automotive polishing pads and should not be a problem.
Advance, shutter, timer and both flash sync ports all work. Only possible issue is battery cover. Still need to get a proper battery.
Overall, I'm happy. Can't wait to test it!

Thanks,

06-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Awesome -- I just shot my first roll through my newly CLA'd new to me Spottie as well. Fun stuff!
06-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Good for you and welcome to the spottie club!