Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
p30n, taking off bottom cover

I have a p30n whose film door doesn't align correctly. The door isn't bent; it's plastic, and if it was going to be damaged, it would have cracked or broken instead. What I can see is that the lower hinge bracket is bent down a little. I'd like to take the bottom cover off to get at the hinge bracket. But the cover doesn't come off in an obvious way. Once the visible screws are removed, it seems to be still attached at front center, near the bottom of the lens mount. Does anyone know how to safely get the bottom cover off?

Or is it unnecessary to take off the bottom cover? At first I was looking for a way to pull the door out directly, because that would give me room to straighten the lower bracket, but the pins that hold the door in don't seem to be spring loaded as in a number of other models.

07-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't know how identical the P3n is, but on my P3n, the bottom cover sticks a little right under the lens release button, but came off with a bit more effort. There's a foam light seal between the two parts that may be gluing them together. Once you remove the cover, you can access the two screws holding the bottom hinge pin on.
07-06-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
the bottom cover sticks a little
You know how the "pull it just a little harder, it'll come free" impulse can get you in trouble, so I thought I'd better ask. Anyway, you were right. There was a little bit of two-sided tape in there. In the end it was an easy fix. Thanks for the reply.