Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #16
IHS

Man...I'm glad this thread came back around!! I'd tried the "Wheatfield method" several times on my ME Super to no avail. Then I tried #3 of Franks posts and voila!! Thanks Pentax Forums!!! (and frank, if you're still around)

03-14-2016, 05:03 PM   #17

I have a similar problem with my SuperA. The shutter button won't release, the DOF lever won't work, and the winder leaver won't budge (I believe this is because it's wound on though). My mirror is down.

What I've done so far:
The Wheatfield method worked a treat on the DOF lever which is now working but the shutter is still not firing when button depressed. I've put in fresh batteries and the display indicates it's wound on.
I've tried the self-timer also and it completes without firing the shutter.

Another note is: When I depress the shutter button, I can hear a faint ticking sound as if it's trying to fire but can't.

Any info on what may be going on is greatly appreciated!