Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

C41 Black & White

I had a roll of Kodak C41 Black & White developed at the pharmacy and as sometimes happens I thought it had a color tint to it. When I scanned the negatives there was no color tint on the monitor. Two questions: 1) is that correct that the negatives could be OK and the prints tinted? and 2) if I asked the processor to have them reprinted would they likely be able to get a better black and white print or will it be a waste of time?

08-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
Inactive Account

The chromogenic films (B+W developed in color chemicals) always end up with a color cast when printed on color paper. It takes a lot of effort to color correct the images to get the prints to look truly black and white. It can be done, but the personnel and the highly automated (dummy-proof) machines at the local drugstore probably aren't going to get you that result.

And yes this is normal and your negatives are fine. It's in the way that the machine reads them when it makes the prints. The machine is completely set up for color printing, and has no idea that the prints from these negatives should actually be B+W.

B
08-24-2009, 06:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/70565-greyish-...hite-film.html