Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
yay!

I came home today to find a package sitting on my steps, my super program arrived!

I'd just like to say thanks for telling me to go ahead and get it, I have snapped a few shots and love it, it just feels good, and I love the sound of the shutter. Only thing that bugs me is that it didnt come with any lens or body caps, not a massive gripe though, I dont have many plans of separating the lens and body soon, and it did come with a 72mm Hoya "Skylight" filter on it to protect the lens.

and some pictures!

09-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I have a Super Program (and a Vivitar 70-210) that I bought about 25 years ago. I hauled it around a lot, beat it up pretty good and it never let me down. The only issue that I had with it was that I found it uncomfortable to hold/grip (maybe too small), especially with a heavy lens like the Vivitar. I got a power winder that completely changed the grip and never took it off the camera for all the years that I used it. Those winders can be found on Ebay or at KEH if you are so inclined.

Great camera;enjoy it!
09-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Congrats, I just recently got one as well. Great built, and I agree that it has a good shutter sound. Now to get some good film for it
09-11-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Always had a soft spot for those. (Have a Super A now, which is the same camera with a different name and a black casing.) We sold a lot of those, when they were new. A really good fit for a lot of our customers. Also possibly the last new camera model ever to actually look good in silver.

09-11-2009, 11:13 PM   #5

Original Poster
ha thanks, just got build up my finger muscles some more, mounted with that old vivitar tank it weights a ton. lol
09-12-2009, 04:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

You do realize that buying film bodies is habit forming, don't you?

Or did we forget to mention that?
09-13-2009, 08:02 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Always had a soft spot for those. (Have a Super A now, which is the same camera with a different name and a black casing.) We sold a lot of those, when they were new. A really good fit for a lot of our customers. Also possibly the last new camera model ever to actually look good in silver.
The black Super-A was my first Pentax. A great camera. In 1983 it was awarded the greatest camera design awards in both Japan, Europe and America. Something only the MZ-5 and the K10D have done after that. Hope you enjoy your Super-A.