Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #1

Repair Asahi SPII My Light Meter

Hello dear forumers,

Hope to seek some advice from you guys,

I've bought this Asahi SP2 from Ebay recently and found out the light meter "joint" (not sure what is it called) was snapped into 2 (please refer the picture attached).

Everything works in good shape except the light meter was a bummer =/
is there any other alternatives to get this fix or replace the "metal" piece?

highly appreciated of anyone have a solution to this....

11-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Contact Eric Hendrickson @ Home. He's amazing.
11-01-2009, 11:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I think you can just solder the two pieces back together.

If you don't have a solder iron, have a beer from an aluminum can and cut a replacement from the (now empty) aluminum can . The replacement doesn't need to be exact, as long as it can conduct electricity from the battery compartment.

You can also give conductive glue a try. You can get it from auto part store. It's the same glue used to fix heater element in car's rear window. If you don't know what it is, do a search for "conductive glue" or "wire glue."
11-02-2009, 12:14 AM   #4

Original Poster
i will give the aluminium can a try tonght will let you guys know if it works or not..
Thanks for the tips!

Tried with the aluminum can piece and got reaction, but the needle is always in "under expose" or "over expose" position when i fiddle around the ASA speed.
I've used the same battery that works on my SP 1000.

Guess i'll just send the camera for repair.... =/
what a bummer..

Last edited by 3RiC; 11-02-2009 at 03:26 AM. Reason: updates