Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
KEH has a very strange way of shipping to Canada. They wait until they get a certain amount of orders; then send them on mass to Sweden via courier. (Purolator)
Then your package is sent by regular mail (Swedish post), back to Canada.

Phil.
Hmmm, not in Nova Scotia. The way they do it for me is send it via USPS, then USPS transfer it to Canada post. My last purchase of a battery pack for my flash I got charged 9$, arrived in a week, which is pretty reasonable for a non-tracked method. I guess it depends on where you are in Canada too? If you'd like to try them out (internationally) you should go ahead and you can always decline the purchase by stating that the you dont like how shipping is arranged.

Last edited by Andi Lo; 11-05-2009 at 02:24 PM.
11-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
Hmmm, not in Nova Scotia. The way they do it for me is send it via USPS, then USPS transfer it to Canada post. My last purchase of a battery pack for my flash I got charged 9$, arrived in a week, which is pretty reasonable for a non-tracked method. I guess it depends on where you are in Canada too? If you'd like to try them you should go ahead and you can always decline the purchase by stating that the you dont like how shipping is arranged.
Yes this is why I have a love/hate relationship with KEH. They have a great selection, grading system, return policy and reasonable prices. But their shipping sucks and so does their order filers.

I also recently paid $9.00 shipping for a lens hood that cost $31.00. (For a K85/1.8 lens with a 52mm filter thread, grade was EX) The hood arrives three weeks later with a Malmo Sweden postage mark. I open the package and the hood is in a plastic bag which has a KEH label on it indicating that the hood is for a K85/1.8, K100/4 macro & K105/2.8 52mm filter thread.

Is all well, nope the plastic bag contains a 49mm filter thread lens hood for a M85/2, M100/2.8-4 lens. This has happened twice now, ordering the same lens hood.

On the bright side I get a full refund immediately and get to keep the other lens hood, as it’s not worth much and not worth the cost to ship it back.

I have another order coming from KEH, for a K28/3.5 lens case. I can hardly wait to see what I get this time, probably a case for a M28/3.5! The item picture clearly shows a “K” case, but with KEH you never know!

Phil.