Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #1
Inactive Account

MX bottom plate compatibility

Sorry if this question has been asked -- I've been searching the forum, but haven't seen it yet. Feel free to point me to it if already discussed.

Do any other bodies share the same bottom plate as the MX? I have a very nice functional MX, with the common issue of a dented bottom plate and would like to replace it. MX parts have been scarce, but maybe another body used the same plate? I don't have other bodies to compare.

Also, if anyone has an MX parts body I'd be open to talking.

Rick

11-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #2

What about removing the plate and knocking the dent out? If you get a flat workbench and a bit of wood then tap gently with a hammer you should be able to straighten it in the same way as a dented car body.

I've done this with a battered MV1 with reasonable success - it isn't perfect but it's better than it was.
11-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm sure someone here would know definitively, but I think the MX may have been the only one made like that before they went to the ME type bodies. (I was pretty sure I heard that only the MX can use the winder for that, which would mean the bottom plates are specific to those. )
11-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
...the MX may have been the only one made like that before they went to the ME type bodies. (I was pretty sure I heard that only the MX can use the winder for that, which would mean the bottom plates are specific to those. )
Yup. That's correct. MX doesn't share parts with any other Pentax camera.

11-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks to each of you -- this is very helpful.

Rick