Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2009, 12:45 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Glad to see somebody finally post up and SAY IT!

Its OK to like to buy a camera once in a while cuz you like it
I'm still looking for a good Pentax MG for this reason. Well, and the fact that my initials are MG!

Going to haunt ebay until a good one with a lens comes up for around £20. It will happen sooner or later, they don't seem hugely sought-after.

11-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The way I answer this question:

Favorite pre-Spotmatic: K with a black SV close behind
Favorite Spotmatic: Spot F with a chrome ES II close behind
Favorite K-mount: black K2 with a SuperProgram & ME F close behind
Favorite AF film: MZ-3 tied with the PZ-1p
Favorite dSLR: K20d
Favorite MF: 6x7
Favorite miniature: Auto 110

Favorite overall Film: K

Edit: Some of my photography supports work related stuff and a lot of it is a hobby. I also collect vintage antique microscopes and analytical balances which gave way to vintage cameras at some point.
11-14-2009, 01:50 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have 3 film cameras at the moment... the SF10, the SF1n and the MZ-7.

I usually take out the MZ-7 due to its size and compactness, especially combined with compatible DA lenses.

But the SF1n gets the nod for it's handling, it's viewfinder (it's MASSIVE!), and it's tank like build.
11-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Instead of loving the one you're with, what if you get to be with the one you love? I can't stand that song by the way. What if you find the camera you would really have if you could, buy it, sell everything else, and live the life of Riley?

I've always liked my K1000 but I have to say I found the shutter wind mechanism of an old Nikkormat rather addictive, if "industrial" can be described as such. I keep thinking I should just buy an LX for my film camera and get on with it while restricting my "search and find" collecting habits to inexpensive stuff like lens hoods and camera straps.

11-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
...and analytical balances...
Now that is esoteric...

Steve

(Haven't touched one of those fussy things for about 25 years!)
11-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #21

To be fair, used film cameras are often inexpensive (aside from rare/sought after models like the LX, MX, KX, KM and for some reason the K1000).

You can find good examples of most of the Pentax M series for £30 or less. Usually the lenses are worth more than the bodies, if they have a Pentax prime attached.
11-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Tell that to the crazy people of craigslist!

PENTAX ME super

11-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #23

Now that is crazy!

I do occasionally see things like this. A K1000 for £160 for example...
11-15-2009, 01:13 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I have the Ashaiflex, K, H2, Spotmatic, LX, ME Super, MZ-S, 6x7, 67 and a 67II. I don't know that one could be my favorite since they are all so different. If I was to choose one, it would have to be the ME Super, only because I bought it new when I was a kid. I had to bus tables for months saving up for it and I have a lot of memories from when I was growing up.
02-26-2010, 08:25 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yesterday, I was digging around among all the photo gear and found a 20 year old Olympus Stylus, which was my successor to a smaller and metal XA. The battery in the thing still worked. It reminded me of my minimalist equipment period in the 90s. Then I looked around the internet and found a lot of people still taking amazing photos with this little film P&S. Here I sat, virtually in a nest of newish and reactivated (mostly Pentax) equipment, feeling a bit lost in the BBA/LBA again.

Once in a while we do have to decide to love the one we're with, and simply take some photos. Perhaps it may be a good exercise to get out a simple film camera once in a while, use it as it is, and take some photos without lusting after a better tool.

Last edited by GeneV; 02-26-2010 at 08:50 AM.
02-26-2010, 04:51 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Yesterday, I was digging around among all the photo gear and found a 20 year old Olympus Stylus...
I keep this or any of a dozen similar pocket 35mm cameras in my coat pocket as my "daily carry".
I love my Pentax SLRs, but the majority of my keepers come from these little cameras.

Chris
02-27-2010, 02:56 AM   #27
Veteran Member

I must say I have a bad case of CBA (camera buying addiction). At the moment my Rolleicord Vb TLR holds a special place in my heart but I love all my film bodies and I have shot with all of them (except for two new arrivals which will get a work out once the weather improves), and made shots I like with almost all of them; from my early 1930's Zeiss Ikon Ikonta C 520/2 folder with a largest aperture of f/6.3 and three shutter times of 25, 50 and 100 to my most modern film body, a Pentax MZ5-n:

Zeiss Ikon Ikonta C 520/2, Rollei Retro 100 rollfilm

MZ5-n, FA 50/1.4, Kodak Color Plus 200
02-27-2010, 09:01 AM   #28
Veteran Member

I have found that I return to one my Pentax LX with K lenses as my first choice.
Last week-end I made a point to taking my MZ-S and Limited lenses for a spin and surprise myself missing the LX. Now I am sure that if I was using the MZ-S more regularly it will feel right at home but for now it just feels crowded with buttons and options instead then just the few simple ones were the fingers go naturally.
I am wondering if I could trade a MS-S with 3 Limiteds for a Pentax 67II with a set of lenses?

Cheers,

Luc
02-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
I have found that I return to one my Pentax LX with K lenses as my first choice.
Last week-end I made a point to taking my MZ-S and Limited lenses for a spin and surprise myself missing the LX. Now I am sure that if I was using the MZ-S more regularly it will feel right at home but for now it just feels crowded with buttons and options instead then just the few simple ones were the fingers go naturally.
I am wondering if I could trade a MS-S with 3 Limiteds for a Pentax 67II with a set of lenses?

Cheers,

Luc
Looking forward to getting my old LX back from its rejuvenation.