Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2009, 11:36 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Xmas Gift Card for Eric

A few of us were thinking it would be a nice idea to get Eric a Xmas gift card for all the work he has done fixing our Pentax cameras over the last year.

I will purchase a gift card for the “Outback Steak House” and post the receipt later Tuesday. I’ll put in $25.00 as he rescued my old KX after some local repair hacks almost ruined it. Eric spent way more time fixing it than what he charged me, so I owe him big time.

Please PM me if you are interested in joining in. You can reimburse me via PayPal for any amount that you want to chip in.

Thanks, Phil.

12-01-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in. I hope others will join Phil in this generous gesture.

Chris
12-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi:

I ordered a $75.00USD gift card from the "Outback Steak House" restaurant for Eric and it will be sent to his home.

I’ll pay $25.00 plus the shipping, so if you folks want to contribute the $50.00 balance that would be great.

Please send me a PM if you want to donate and I’ll send you my PayPal id.

See the order info below in red.

Thanks, Phil.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Philip,

Thank you for your order of Outback Steakhouse gift cards. Please know that your order has been received and is being processed. For your records, we have included a summary of your order.
*If you registered as an Outback Member when placing your order you can check the current status of your order by clicking on the following link http://outback.com/store/ordertracking.aspx.
*If you did not register when placing your order you will not be able to view the order status through our website. However, you will receive a second email from us once your order has shipped.
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding your order, please contact us toll free at 1-877-670-GDAY. Thank you for making Outback Steakhouse your restaurant of choice.

Order #387175
Shipping Address

Eric Hendrickson
272 Shoffner Rd
Sharps Chapel , TN 37866-2319

Phone(H): 865-278-1051
Phone(W):

$75, All Occasion Gift Cards QTY 1 : $75.00
Shipping Total: $1.95
Shipping Method: Standard Delivery

To: Eric
Message: The Pentax forum film users just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work you put into fixing our cherished Pentax cameras. Because of your efforts you let us continue to take pictures they way we want to, using a film camera. Take care and happy holidays and all the best for 2010!!
12-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Phil: Thank you for thinking of this and for taking the time to put this together. As a few here have said - this is a poor substitute for sending Eric an Apprentice, but a wonderful and thoughtful idea. Many, many of us owe the next twenty years of our hobby to his diligence.

PM Sent

12-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I will help out with $25. Eric was a huge help getting my 67 back in working condition.

Swift1
12-02-2009, 06:38 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Phil: Thank you for thinking of this and for taking the time to put this together. As a few here have said - this is a poor substitute for sending Eric an Apprentice, but a wonderful and thoughtful idea. Many, many of us owe the next twenty years of our hobby to his diligence.

PM Sent
In case it wasn't clear, I'm in, so that makes 4.
12-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Paul & Swift1.

We are up to $50.00 in funds, just $25.00 to go.

Thanks, Phil.

12-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #8
Ole
Administrator

I'm in, PM sent.
12-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #9
Veteran Member

PM sent.
Swift1
12-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Im in - PM sent
12-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

PP Sent for Gift.
12-03-2009, 08:38 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for their contributions towards Eric’s gift cards. We have raised $125.00 so far!! $75.00 went to the “Outback Steakhouse” gift card and the remaining $50.00 will go towards an Amex gift card.

I will leave the thread open over the weekend to see if anyone else wants to contribute and close it Monday evening. I will then purchase an Amex gift card and post the receipt. It takes a couple weeks for delivery, unless you want to pay higher courier shipping charges.

Thanks again,

Phil.
12-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #13
Inactive Account

I'm in. Eric did wonders with a S1a for me.

PM sent.

CW
12-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, this is slowly getting some traction - thanks straightshooter. I like to buy 'em, try 'em and sell 'em. Eric has brought many a camera body or lens back to life for me over the years. For those that I ended up selling I always got the value of the CLA back until this year. Even so, somebody has a 20 year hobby ahead and usually doesn't really know why. I don't mind so much losing a few dollas on a deal if somebody else is happy.

Right now I have a K2DMD that I bought, plus my original 1977 KX and 1984 MESuper that have been made as new again. They are my keepers (the K is more a collector camera than a user, although I plan to get out with it once or twice a year). The only thing I really want that I lack is a late model LX, and I'm not ready to open that can 'o worms yet, but when I do . . .
12-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I'm in. He's cleaned a couple things for me, and didn't even charge for one because he couldn't get an internal assembly apart. He spent a lot of time on it and returned it 80% cleaner than when I sent, except for the internal elements he couldn't get to. No charge. I'll buy his dessert!