Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2010, 11:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
ME Super advance lever not returning

One of my ME Supers started acting up recently. The film advance lever can be pulled to the right normally but it does not return back when released, and the shutter is not cocked. I have to turn the motor winder mount on the bottom of the camera back about 45 degrees before the lever flips back the rest of the way and then works normally.

The spring tension is still there so I don't think anything broke, and I suspect (after some reading online) that something has turned gooey and is causing some mechanism to stick.

Any advice? Should I send it to Eric for fixing?

01-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #2

Yes,send it in. Email him with a description of the problems and he can probably give you a good idea of what you are looking at.
01-25-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My MESUper started winding but not cocking the shutter..
any ideas?
bottom-fixing? or harder deal?