Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #16

Original Poster
It doesn't...I guess the spring or whatever is broken or gunked up. But I still have the same question. Do I shoot with the button up, or do I lower it then shoot?

03-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #17

Original Poster
The switch does not return....I guess it's gunked up or something. But I still have the same question. Do I shoot the picture with the switch in the up position?
03-13-2010, 04:41 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Spotmatic F meter stop-down lever does not control the light meter as on previous models.
The meter is instead light-activated when the lens cap is removed.

IIRC the Spotmatic F stop-down lever does not return to the off position after the shutter is released as on earlier models.

Chris
03-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #19
Veteran Member

OK, here's a stupid one... Say I'm shooting with the 55mm, which works on the Spot F without closing the aperture with the up switch. If I do close the aperture with the up switch even if I don't need to, do I get a false reading?