Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #1

Meyer optiks lens stuck on pentax super-A

Hello everyone, my name is Brecht and well, I guess I'm about to ask a question that has been asked quite some times. So earlier today I was checking out this camera I found at my grandparents and all of the lenses that I found hidden in a dustcovered box. As you can guess, I tried to put them on that pentax camera, at first I had 2 succesful lens swaps and then I tried again with a third lens. It clicked right in and then the problems started, I couldn't get it off. After trying to twist it a few times it did came of, but then I noticed that metal part(the part that clicks into the camera) of the lens was missing. So basically, I think I already broke that lens 'cause I twisted of the metal part, but I can't click in any other lens anymore.
The question: Is there any way to get this fixed?
Here's some pictures if I wasn't clear:

As you can see I can screw the black part on and off the metal part of the lens, but I want to get that metal part unstuck.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance to anyone that's willing to help.
Sincerely yours,
Brecht.

(P.S. I hope this is in the correct category)

02-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

That looks as though it's an adaptor from M42 to Pentax bayonet, and the lens has unscrewed out of the adaptor. As it's designed to do.

The adaptor, if it is one, will have a small spring in the slot arrowed -

Using something small, a cocktail stick or something, prise the spring towards the centre of the lens aperture and turn the adaptor anti clockwise a little way and it should then lift out of the aperture.
02-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Though it is hard to recognize anything in your images, I think, what got stuck in your camera mount is the simle M42-to-Pentax K mount adapter. It is actually built that way!

The Meyer lens is M42 thread and needs an adapter to be used on a Super A or any other K-mount camera. The adapter you have looks like the genuine Pentax modell or at least a similar knock-off. If you look carefully where Lloydy added a mark, you will see a small dark steel spring, which you need to push back. You can then take out the adapter of the camera bayonet easily with a slight turn counterclockwise.

Ben
02-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #4

Original Poster
That did the trick! Thanks a lot for your help Lloydy and fast as well, I owe you big time!
Thanks for your reply too Ben_Edict.

(Sorry, I noticed I posted it in the wrong section).

02-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the Pentax World Brecht

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
Though it is hard to recognize anything in your images, I think, what got stuck in your camera mount is the simle M42-to-Pentax K mount adapter. It is actually built that way!

The Meyer lens is M42 thread and needs an adapter to be used on a Super A or any other K-mount camera. The adapter you have looks like the genuine Pentax modell or at least a similar knock-off. If you look carefully where Lloydy added a mark, you will see a small dark steel spring, which you need to push back. You can then take out the adapter of the camera bayonet easily with a slight turn counterclockwise.

Ben
I'm glad that you could help him Ben, the pic's were too bad for me to see what was wrong
02-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Welcome to the Pentax World Brecht

I'm glad that you could help him Ben, the pic's were too bad for me to see what was wrong
Thanks Stu, but Lloydy already had marked the provided image, so also made the "culprit" quite clear.

Ben