Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Spotmatic SP1000

I've just taken delivery of a purchase from eBay (£11).

First the bad news

I knew that this would be the case, and anyway the lens is an SMC Takumar 55/2 and since I already have an SMC Tak 55/1.8 I don't mind junking this lens. The infection is very thorough, when on the camera the view was very foggy.

Now the good news.

Spotmatic SP1000. There appears to be a bit of damage around the viewfinder where it looks like the camera was probably put down on a rock and hence scratched the paint work. But other than that, the mechanics are fine: wind-on works, mirror moves correctly and returns, and there is no sign of corrosion in the battery compartment. (I've got a hand held light meter, so I am not sure if I should bother adapting it to use a silver oxide battery.) There's no obviously pealing seals, which either means there aren't any, or everything is fine.

Since the camera came with a leather case I guess I have all I need to run a roll of film through it, other than the film! (I'll have to remember to get some when I am next near my local camera shop.)

03-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news! All Spotmatic models will meter accurately with a modern 1.5V battery.

Chris
03-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The SP1000 is one beautiful camera, I think my favorite Spottie. Congrats, and let's see some film shots from it soon!
03-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
The SP1000 is one beautiful camera, I think my favorite Spottie. Congrats, and let's see some film shots from it soon!
Hmmm, still not quite there. I got a new battery (Accucell-1) which is silver oxide but altered to deliver 1.35V. The trouble is that the meter needle still doesn't move. (Set speed to B, then switched meter on, the lever moved to push the lens aperture pin but the meter needle didn't move.) I'm guessing that the meter has broke, so there isn't much I could do much moe about it. (I have checked the contacts, and taken off the bottom plate to check that the springed contact touches the rear contact of the battery.) It looks like I will still need my hand meter.