Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Help with Pentax repair in So. CA

Hello All,
I've been absent from this forum for awhile and not really up to date on everything.
I have several MX bodies. A couple of them have stuck shutters as well as a couple of my Spotmatics. Can anyone clue me in as to how to unstick them, or guide me to a reputable and reasonable repair shop in Southern California?

Thanks in advance!

03-17-2010, 12:26 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by w6wat Quote
Hello All,
I've been absent from this forum for awhile and not really up to date on everything.
I have several MX bodies. A couple of them have stuck shutters as well as a couple of my Spotmatics. Can anyone clue me in as to how to unstick them, or guide me to a reputable and reasonable repair shop in Southern California?

Thanks in advance!
You can try heading here: Bagnall's Monthly CAMERA EXPO ~ Welcome!

I'll be there this weekend hopefully - not that I can do camera repair or anything
03-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by w6wat Quote
Hello All,

Thanks in advance!
You would do well to consider sending your cameras to Eric Hendrickson of Pentax Camera Service in Tennessee. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but you will have the best Pentax Technician in North America at wholesale rates.

Many here swear by Eric - I personally have had all my MF cameras (many more than I show in my sig.) CLA'ed and serviced by Eric. He is reviewed on the Links Page (from the Home area)

Many camera repair shops send him their manual focus repairs and charge you a markup.

Visit the link and read his customer-focused protocol.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-18-2010 at 08:23 AM.
03-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The best Pentax repair shop for you is in Tennessee.
Send them to Eric. You'll be glad you did...

Chris

03-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ditto for Eric!!!

Phil.
03-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #6
Inactive Account

I would only trust Eric with my Spotmatic, which I purchased in 1970. He is doing a lens for me right now. Did anyone else in this thread mention Eric Hendrickson?
03-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Thanks for the links, i have a K2 i got off eBay that was supposedly "professionally" repaired, after receiving it, let's say i have my doubts that it was.