Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Fuji Reala (Ace) Going Bye-Bye

I dropped by Bic Camera last night and while looking through the color negative film section noticed a warning that Fuji's Reala (Reala Ace in Japan) is going out of production....I believe the date was March 22, so it may already be out of production. No word on what, if anything, will be taking its place.

Oh, and the 645D is available for pre-order and goes on sale sometime in May. If I scrounge up a spare $10,000 (gotta have at least one lens) I'll let you know.

03-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I heard about Reala the other day, however my source says that they're reformulating it. I don't know if they'll carry on with the same name
03-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Fuji seems to be sticking to the consumer market. That would be the part that won't hang around.

I hope that Reala is just getting a reformulation. It would be a shame to lose another film this well-regarded.
03-22-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I just ordered 10 rolls <g>. Little laker, I sincerely hope you're right in that they are going to reformulate it. I've been hearing rumours of its pending demise from my local shop for the past 6 to 8 weeks. I try to buy local (and from this specific shop) when I can, although I purchased my last 2 rolls from his competitor because he hasn't had any in stock <sniff>.

Have to say this is my favorite film I've shot to date. It's given me exactly the results I've been looking for.

Best,
Kevin

Last edited by KJon; 03-22-2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Additional comment
03-22-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
I just ordered 10 rolls <g>. Little laker, I sincerely hope you're right in that they are going to reformulate it. I've been hearing rumours of its pending demise from my local shop for the past 6 to 8 weeks. I try to buy local (and from this specific shop) when I can, although I purchased my last 2 rolls from his competitor because he hasn't had any in stock <sniff>.

Have to say this is my favorite film I've shot to date. It's given me exactly the results I've been looking for.

Best,
Kevin
I honestly don't know how accurate my source is. I can say that he told me about Ektar well before anyone else seems to have heard about it, plus he knew about Reala disappearing before anyone else.
However he doesn't know everything before I do