Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
PZ-10 Battery door and a few questions

Hi,

I just got myself a PZ-10 body that looks to be in great shape but the battery door is missing. I'll get a battery to test it. Does the battery door provides any contact or just to keep it in place? Any idea how/where to source one? If I can source a non-working body, how do I swap the battery door?
How does the power zoom feature works? Does it require a special series of lenses? (more curious than anything else..... )
Any general comments on this camera?
I tried a basic search but could not find much.

Thanks,

03-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hello again,

I searched Hi and low and could not find a 2CR5 battery locally...
I ended up mail ordering one.
03-26-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I can only answer your battery questions.
No, you do not need the battery door. However the battery does have to be pushed up pretty tight to mate properly with the contacts.

Looking at my PZ-20 it looks like you'll have to remove teh bottom plate. I don't know how hard the job will be.
Too bad that they don't have any power grips, that I'm aware of for the PZ line. They would eliminate the problem, and make new batteries both more affordable and easier to buy.

Pentax did make a handful of power zooms. I believe that they're all part of the FA lens lineup. I've never tried any, or done any research on them. We have one at the lab, where I work... however it seems to be jammed so I have no intention of trying it and possibly damaging my camera
03-30-2010, 05:55 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Laker is right on the lenses. There were somewhere between 4 and 6 zooms in the FA line that were Power Zoom. They will usually have a switch on the left side of the lens when looking down on it mounted. I have had a PZ-1 for years now, but haven't taken the time to hunt down one of these lenses to play with.