Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax K-X film question

Hey guys,

Just got myself a Pentax K-X and went out for a quick shoot at the golfing range. I noticed that a lot of the shots of the grass came out grainy with a lot of noise. I have a video below that I shot to show what i'm talking about. I was wondering if this is something that I can fix in post or can I adjust something on the camera to fix this.

I set up the camera as followed on this link Pentax K-x - exposure.

04-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nflguy33 Quote
Hey guys,

Just got myself a Pentax K-X and went out for a quick shoot at the golfing range. I noticed that a lot of the shots of the grass came out grainy with a lot of noise. I have a video below that I shot to show what i'm talking about. I was wondering if this is something that I can fix in post or can I adjust something on the camera to fix this...
Hi, welcome to the forum. I did not have the nerve to click through on your link. Here are my thoughts:
  • The K-X is a digital camera and does not use film
  • The KX is a film camera (made in the mid-1970s) and is pretty standard as far as usage is concerned. The manual is available online here: Manuals and Literature - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site
  • Grainy film pictures are usually the result of film choice, film freshness, and/or processing

Steve
04-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
Ira
Inactive Account

He just meant video on the KX, not film.
04-12-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
oops wrong sub-forum.

if a moderator could move this to the proper sub-forum it would be appreciated. thxx lol.

04-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
Pentaxian

So why is a video posted that is marked private?
04-16-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nflguy33 Quote
I noticed that a lot of the shots of the grass came out grainy with a lot of noise.
Use slower film. Velvia is nice for greens!

Chris
04-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Hi, welcome to the forum. I did not have the nerve to click through on your link. Here are my thoughts:
  • The K-X is a digital camera and does not use film
  • The KX is a film camera (made in the mid-1970s) and is pretty standard as far as usage is concerned. The manual is available online here: Manuals and Literature - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site
  • Grainy film pictures are usually the result of film choice, film freshness, and/or processing

Steve

I was so wanting to do a bad celebrity impression, "Well, there's yer problem right there!"

As for answering your question in earnest, I can't see your video... Nor do I actually know what to expect out of video in such a camera. First suggestion, though, if you don't want 'grain and noise,' Don't shoot video and compare it to stills.