Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My "first" film camera!

I just made one of my very first impulse purchases: a ME Super! The camera was in PRISTINE condition, and was thoroughly tested by the original owner. This will be my "first" film camera in the sense that I've been learning off my dad's MX for a little while now. Seeing as he does own a film camera, I bought my girlfriend a K1000 a while ago, and I just recently purchased a K-x, it did take a little buttering up for my parent's permission (I'm 17, still gotta ask for permission ). Needless to say, I'm very excited! (That K-x I wanted to get my girlfriend for our anniversary might have to wait a little though; Shh, don't tell her!)

04-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Congratulations! I hope it works well for you. I was shooting with my ME Super today, and thinking what a fine little piece of engineering it is.
04-21-2010, 01:27 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The next things of course are lenses for your ME Super (unless you already have a bunch). If you are on a budget you'll likely find your best buys in the K, M and screw mount lenses. Unless you have specific needs I would say nothing wider than 28mm (to start off) and nothing longer than 200mm. The next thing after that is a good, useable (by that I mean one that is solid and that you will actually use) tripod.
04-21-2010, 06:08 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tomzee93 Quote
I just made one of my very first impulse purchases: a ME Super! The camera was in PRISTINE condition, and was thoroughly tested by the original owner. This will be my "first" film camera in the sense that I've been learning off my dad's MX for a little while now. Seeing as he does own a film camera, I bought my girlfriend a K1000 a while ago, and I just recently purchased a K-x, it did take a little buttering up for my parent's permission (I'm 17, still gotta ask for permission ). Needless to say, I'm very excited! (That K-x I wanted to get my girlfriend for our anniversary might have to wait a little though; Shh, don't tell her!)
Great little camera you got there! It was also my first film Pentax and it's either that or the Pentax K2 that I use most often.

Enjoy its wonderful viewfinder and the refreshing absence of distracting controls. You'll only need the shutter button, the film advance crank and the aperture ring. This is a good opportunity to get hold of a cheap Pentax-M lens (maybe the 135mm f/3.5). And unlike Pentax DSLRs, the ME Super will meter with the lens wide open so there is never any need for stopping down using the green button.

Cheers,
Tassilo

04-21-2010, 06:13 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations, that is exciting!
04-21-2010, 06:26 AM   #6

It's great that there are still film users...i'm still using the PZ-20 for film SLR, and the K100D super DSLR... I would said that Pentax produces great camera....before that I had used the ME super and MX....now planning to acquire the K-x and K-7 for my kids....but the problem with flim SLR is I have difficulties in buying the batteries in Malaysia....and there are not many Pentax users as well....when I told my friends that I'm using Pentax.....they gave the expression that am I from other world?.....More justice for Pentaxian.....
04-21-2010, 06:31 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm estatic!

Great news Skywalker! send a PM with your address and I'll send you a free roll of expired film. Expired can be cheap AND good ! You must share the results here.

Manualellas Unite! One for all and all for One!

04-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you all for the support! I haven't picked up my dad's MX too much since I got my K-x; I'm looking forward to doing more film photography with my new camera.

QuoteOriginally posted by stemked Quote
The next things of course are lenses for your ME Super (unless you already have a bunch) . . .
The camera is coming with the original 1:2.5 50mm prime and an Albinar 1:4.5 F80-205mm already, though from research I understand Albinar isn't a very good quality brand. My dad also has an 80-200mm and a wide angle, somewhere around 35mm I think (still getting used to remembering lens specs!). I think I'll just borrow those for the time being and give my wallet a rest!

And I just sent you the PM, EyeSpy, thank you for the offer!