Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
LX winder cover

I picked up a used LX yesterday and it's missing both screw covers. I asked the seller whether he has the winder/motor drive stashed somewhere (as the caps are usually stored there) but he doesn't seem to have it. Does anyone know of a place (other than ebay) where I can get replacements for these? Any screw covers from other cameras that I can salvage and use for the LX?

I also tried the winder I have from my brother's LX on this body, but it doesn't seem to be working. It winds the film some of the times but not always. Pressing the shutter release doesn't trigger the shutters. Without the winder it works fine. I tried cleaning the 4 little electrical contacts but that doesn't seem to solve the problem. Any one with similar experience?

04-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Get in touch with the seller and see if he still has the motor drive. There is a couple of storage spots on the drives for the covers.
04-23-2010, 02:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Eric may have covers that you can purchase reasonably.
04-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions. I asked the seller about the winder/motor drive but frankly I don't think he knows anything about it. (The seller is a high-school student, probably find this camera in the house somewhere)

I'll try emailing Eric to see if he can sell me a pair for a reasonable price.

Thanks again.