Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
09-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #91
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Remember that AOHC has a few discrepancies in a few places. Themselves, mainly with lenses.

09-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #92
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
The data table for the ESII is in error regarding date introduced (should be 1973 not 1975) and discontinued (should be 1975). Also, we appear to miss some special models (like ESII Data II) or is the attached list incorrect? Perhaps these models did ot exist?

I have started uploading to the site, begining from the most recent (ESII). I'm fixing any discrepancies I find as I go.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-m42-screwmount-camera-reviews/1140...tax-es-ii.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-m42-screwmount-camera-reviews/114185-pentax-es.html
On page 274, Gerjan van Oosten lists a ES II MD, ES II Data II, and an ES II Data II MD all released in June 1973. Also, there was a Spot F MD, Spot F Data II, and a Spot F Data II MD all released in July 1973. I don't know of anyone with any of those to ask for pics though.

Edit: In April 1971, a Spot II Data II and Spot II MD were released. In Sept 1968 there was a Spotmatic MD and Spotmatic Data II.

Edit Edit: The numbers of these were included with the regular version so I have a feeling the production numbers were low and special order.
09-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #93
Ole
Administrator

I tend to agree - I don't think we'll find anyone with those special models. Question is - do we include them in the database (perhaps with incomplete data) or not?
09-14-2010, 09:05 PM   #94
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Ole and Blue.

Re the models, we have a fairly comprehensive list but I'm sure there are a few that are missing. To the best of my knowledge the correct information is posted, but of course, I'm interested in hearing corrections.

If someone can gather information / pics on the Asahiflex 1, 1A and 2A, that would be very helpful (those are important models and we really should have those in the collection). I'll pull together the table for the SP1000.

Regarding the rare cameras, they will eventually trickle in (My Spot F MD is posted). Some, like the S2 Super and the Nocta Infrared could take some time in tracking down info and pics. I'd like to suggest we create a table for each, with "Information for this camera is being sought. If you can help provide information and/or pictures of the camera, please let us know." Once the SP1000 and Asahiflex's are done, we'll have 23 cameras completely filled out with only 5 or 6 that need some additional info, so I think the database will be reasonably comprehensive.

Thoughts?

09-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #95
Ole
Administrator

Creating placeholder entries for those rare cameras is a good idea. That would amke the index of the screwmount cameras complete.
09-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #96
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Those rare and oddball models should be included in the database and as suggested, asking for pictures and information. That should not only open the requests to everybody that can help, but also it may be the door for even more rare and oddball specialized models. Not to mention it will be really complete.

Thanks,
09-15-2010, 07:47 AM   #97
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Those rare and oddball models should be included in the database and as suggested, asking for pictures and information. That should not only open the requests to everybody that can help, but also it may be the door for even more rare and oddball specialized models. Not to mention it will be really complete.

Thanks,
Ismaelg, we agree but the problem is finding someone with pictures of them.

09-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #98
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Thanks Ole and Blue.

Re the models, we have a fairly comprehensive list but I'm sure there are a few that are missing. To the best of my knowledge the correct information is posted, but of course, I'm interested in hearing corrections.

If someone can gather information / pics on the Asahiflex 1, 1A and 2A, that would be very helpful (those are important models and we really should have those in the collection). I'll pull together the table for the SP1000.

Regarding the rare cameras, they will eventually trickle in (My Spot F MD is posted). Some, like the S2 Super and the Nocta Infrared could take some time in tracking down info and pics. I'd like to suggest we create a table for each, with "Information for this camera is being sought. If you can help provide information and/or pictures of the camera, please let us know." Once the SP1000 and Asahiflex's are done, we'll have 23 cameras completely filled out with only 5 or 6 that need some additional info, so I think the database will be reasonably comprehensive.

Thoughts?
I just pm'd Asahiflex about images of the Asahiflex I, IA and IIA. I know he has the I for sure. I remember that somebody around here has the S2 Super. I had a chance to buy one once for ~ $30 but didn't realize what it was (nor did the seller) and have have those pics but they aren't my pics.
09-15-2010, 08:00 AM   #99
Site Supporter

Creating placeholder entries for those rare cameras is a good idea. That would amke the index of the screwmount cameras complete.
I think this is the best solution. Otherwise, we will be twisting in the wind indefinitely.
09-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #100
Ole
Administrator

Danilo Cecchi's book on Pentax states that the ESII Motor Drive camera was planned but never appeared. Is this correct?

Perhaps this holds for the ESII Data II model as well?

Perhaps we should not make entries after all for these special models until we get confirmation that they actually exist?
09-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #101
Site Supporter

Danilo Cecchi's book on Pentax states that the ESII Motor Drive camera was planned but never appeared. Is this correct?

Perhaps this holds for the ESII Data II model as well?

Perhaps we should not make entries after all for these special models until we get confirmation that they actually exist?
Cecchi's book is a good book but there are some errors and inaccuracies in it. The info I posted above came out of Gerjan van Oosten's book. Also according to Cecchi, my chrome ES doesn't exist. However, van Oosten didn't list the production numbers for these things and referred to the production numbers of the base model which means the numbers were very low at best. Perhaps we could put these models in a "Specialty" section and just list them.
09-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #102
Pentaxian

I have just listed my S3 in the marketplace. You are welcome to use the photos in the listing for the database if you want. The serial # is visible in the photos. The listing can be found here.
09-23-2010, 08:04 AM - 1 Like   #103
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Builttospill.

I took a quick peek at the start of the screwmount database....looks good with some nice tweeks to the layout. From what I can see we have the SP1000 covered. We still need info and pics on the 3 Asahiflex models and placeholders for the rare models. Ole, are you just going to make up the placeholders or do you need any help?

I have a nice black S1a coming so I'll pass along a pic when it gets here
09-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #104
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Thanks Builttospill.

I took a quick peek at the start of the screwmount database....looks good with some nice tweeks to the layout. From what I can see we have the SP1000 covered. We still need info and pics on the 3 Asahiflex models and placeholders for the rare models. Ole, are you just going to make up the placeholders or do you need any help?

I have a nice black S1a coming so I'll pass along a pic when it gets here
Peter (Asahiflex) is going to take some pics of his Asahiflex I etc for the database so we should be able to get those covered.
09-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #105
Ole
Administrator

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Peter (Asahiflex) is going to take some pics of his Asahiflex I etc for the database so we should be able to get those covered.
I will make the place holders. But I first want to upload the remaining M42 cameras we do know about from the AP to the SV.

BTW, We also need a photo of the Spotmatic Motor Drive. And solid data, I'd assume it weights more than the regular model due to the motor drive coupling.