Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #91
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,212
Remember that AOHC has a few discrepancies in a few places. Themselves, mainly with lenses.

09-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #92
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,212
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
The data table for the ESII is in error regarding date introduced (should be 1973 not 1975) and discontinued (should be 1975). Also, we appear to miss some special models (like ESII Data II) or is the attached list incorrect? Perhaps these models did ot exist?

I have started uploading to the site, begining from the most recent (ESII). I'm fixing any discrepancies I find as I go.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-m42-screwmount-camera-reviews/1140...tax-es-ii.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-m42-screwmount-camera-reviews/114185-pentax-es.html
On page 274, Gerjan van Oosten lists a ES II MD, ES II Data II, and an ES II Data II MD all released in June 1973. Also, there was a Spot F MD, Spot F Data II, and a Spot F Data II MD all released in July 1973. I don't know of anyone with any of those to ask for pics though.

Edit: In April 1971, a Spot II Data II and Spot II MD were released. In Sept 1968 there was a Spotmatic MD and Spotmatic Data II.

Edit Edit: The numbers of these were included with the regular version so I have a feeling the production numbers were low and special order.
09-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #93
Ole
Administrator
Ole's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,881
I tend to agree - I don't think we'll find anyone with those special models. Question is - do we include them in the database (perhaps with incomplete data) or not?
09-14-2010, 09:05 PM   #94
Loyal Site Supporter
SteveM's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,295
Original Poster
Thanks Ole and Blue.

Re the models, we have a fairly comprehensive list but I'm sure there are a few that are missing. To the best of my knowledge the correct information is posted, but of course, I'm interested in hearing corrections.

If someone can gather information / pics on the Asahiflex 1, 1A and 2A, that would be very helpful (those are important models and we really should have those in the collection). I'll pull together the table for the SP1000.

Regarding the rare cameras, they will eventually trickle in (My Spot F MD is posted). Some, like the S2 Super and the Nocta Infrared could take some time in tracking down info and pics. I'd like to suggest we create a table for each, with "Information for this camera is being sought. If you can help provide information and/or pictures of the camera, please let us know." Once the SP1000 and Asahiflex's are done, we'll have 23 cameras completely filled out with only 5 or 6 that need some additional info, so I think the database will be reasonably comprehensive.

Thoughts?

09-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #95
Ole
Administrator
Ole's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,881
Creating placeholder entries for those rare cameras is a good idea. That would amke the index of the screwmount cameras complete.
09-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #96
Site Supporter
ismaelg's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 962
Those rare and oddball models should be included in the database and as suggested, asking for pictures and information. That should not only open the requests to everybody that can help, but also it may be the door for even more rare and oddball specialized models. Not to mention it will be really complete.

Thanks,
09-15-2010, 07:47 AM   #97
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,212
QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Those rare and oddball models should be included in the database and as suggested, asking for pictures and information. That should not only open the requests to everybody that can help, but also it may be the door for even more rare and oddball specialized models. Not to mention it will be really complete.

Thanks,
Ismaelg, we agree but the problem is finding someone with pictures of them.
09-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #98
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,212
QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Thanks Ole and Blue.

Re the models, we have a fairly comprehensive list but I'm sure there are a few that are missing. To the best of my knowledge the correct information is posted, but of course, I'm interested in hearing corrections.

If someone can gather information / pics on the Asahiflex 1, 1A and 2A, that would be very helpful (those are important models and we really should have those in the collection). I'll pull together the table for the SP1000.

Regarding the rare cameras, they will eventually trickle in (My Spot F MD is posted). Some, like the S2 Super and the Nocta Infrared could take some time in tracking down info and pics. I'd like to suggest we create a table for each, with "Information for this camera is being sought. If you can help provide information and/or pictures of the camera, please let us know." Once the SP1000 and Asahiflex's are done, we'll have 23 cameras completely filled out with only 5 or 6 that need some additional info, so I think the database will be reasonably comprehensive.

Thoughts?
I just pm'd Asahiflex about images of the Asahiflex I, IA and IIA. I know he has the I for sure. I remember that somebody around here has the S2 Super. I had a chance to buy one once for ~ $30 but didn't realize what it was (nor did the seller) and have have those pics but they aren't my pics.

09-15-2010, 08:00 AM   #99
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,212
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
Creating placeholder entries for those rare cameras is a good idea. That would amke the index of the screwmount cameras complete.
I think this is the best solution. Otherwise, we will be twisting in the wind indefinitely.
09-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #100
Ole
Administrator
Ole's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,881
Danilo Cecchi's book on Pentax states that the ESII Motor Drive camera was planned but never appeared. Is this correct?

Perhaps this holds for the ESII Data II model as well?

Perhaps we should not make entries after all for these special models until we get confirmation that they actually exist?
09-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #101
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,212
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
Danilo Cecchi's book on Pentax states that the ESII Motor Drive camera was planned but never appeared. Is this correct?

Perhaps this holds for the ESII Data II model as well?

Perhaps we should not make entries after all for these special models until we get confirmation that they actually exist?
Cecchi's book is a good book but there are some errors and inaccuracies in it. The info I posted above came out of Gerjan van Oosten's book. Also according to Cecchi, my chrome ES doesn't exist. However, van Oosten didn't list the production numbers for these things and referred to the production numbers of the base model which means the numbers were very low at best. Perhaps we could put these models in a "Specialty" section and just list them.
09-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #102
Pentaxian
builttospill's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Utah, Idaho
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,675
I have just listed my S3 in the marketplace. You are welcome to use the photos in the listing for the database if you want. The serial # is visible in the photos. The listing can be found here.
09-23-2010, 08:04 AM - 1 Like   #103
Loyal Site Supporter
SteveM's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,295
Original Poster
Thanks Builttospill.

I took a quick peek at the start of the screwmount database....looks good with some nice tweeks to the layout. From what I can see we have the SP1000 covered. We still need info and pics on the 3 Asahiflex models and placeholders for the rare models. Ole, are you just going to make up the placeholders or do you need any help?

I have a nice black S1a coming so I'll pass along a pic when it gets here
09-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #104
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,212
QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Thanks Builttospill.

I took a quick peek at the start of the screwmount database....looks good with some nice tweeks to the layout. From what I can see we have the SP1000 covered. We still need info and pics on the 3 Asahiflex models and placeholders for the rare models. Ole, are you just going to make up the placeholders or do you need any help?

I have a nice black S1a coming so I'll pass along a pic when it gets here
Peter (Asahiflex) is going to take some pics of his Asahiflex I etc for the database so we should be able to get those covered.
09-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #105
Ole
Administrator
Ole's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,881
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Peter (Asahiflex) is going to take some pics of his Asahiflex I etc for the database so we should be able to get those covered.
I will make the place holders. But I first want to upload the remaining M42 cameras we do know about from the AP to the SV.

BTW, We also need a photo of the Spotmatic Motor Drive. And solid data, I'd assume it weights more than the regular model due to the motor drive coupling.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, database, exposure, flash, information, pentax, range, shutter, speeds, viewfinder
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for Pentax screw mount lenses? 7.62lew Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 02-12-2010 03:44 AM
Pentax Screw mount to K mount adaptor Sparkle Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 04-14-2009 06:16 PM
For Sale - Sold: FA: Original PENTAX Screw Mount to K Mount Adapter M42 HogRider Sold Items 0 10-21-2007 02:12 PM
What Screw-Mount Pentax Camera To Purchase?? baltochef920 Pentax Film SLR Discussion 10 07-20-2007 12:00 PM
where to buy screw mount pentax lenses sunita Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 06-19-2007 06:54 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:36 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top