Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #1

A few beginners questions

Heya,

I sold recently my Canon DSLR and decided to try a Pentax, but still haven't managed to buy a new digital body yet. I already have a Voigtländer 58mm SLII lens for KA mount and I thought it might be fun to try a cheap film SLR body with that, while trying to save money for the mighty K7 .

Any suggestions what body would be good to start with that lens? I think I could live with no AF confirmation, but automatic aperture function would be really nice.

I have used a digital SLR for a year, and I'm pretty familiar with the functions, but haven't really shot with film at all.

thanks

05-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Well, any body with the A-contacts on it would do. A super program, or a MZ-M would do nicely. They're both manual focus bodies, and thus have focusing aids built into the viewfinder. If you want an autofocus body, then you've got choices from the SF body line, PZ body line, and the MZ body line (although, some of the MZs have restrictions, so check).
05-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any K-mount body will work with your camera, though with different features supported. A Super Program (aka Super A) would be one of the better choices and a good value as well.

Steve
05-06-2010, 11:09 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Super Program is my general use film camera, and I have also purchased one as a present for my sister. Works well and IMO is good value for money, so that's my recommendation. You can also see the aperture and shutter speed information in the view finder when using an A-series lens or newer.

05-07-2010, 12:18 AM   #5

Original Poster
Okey thanks guys! I guess I'll try to find one of those super a bodies then.
05-07-2010, 02:50 AM   #6

Photos: Albums
i just got a super A myself and cant wait to try it out