Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Banjo Quote
Its back and working just fine.
Glad the tech was able to do good by you!

Steve

09-21-2010, 07:23 AM   #32
Site Supporter

I´ve had K1000, KM and KX cameras and the shutter dial was/is smoother on every one of those (and on the spotties) than it is on my MX. Not a big deal and I can live with it, but anyway. I use the index finger to control it. I have "petted" a few MX´s that were way stiffer tham mine though.

I use to show the Canon 5D guys the MX viewfinder and enjoy the look on their face after they looked in it.... The RTS finder is also very nice .
09-21-2010, 09:01 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I had an MX from 1992 to c. 2002 when it was stolen, then replaced it in 2005. It had some problems though so I didn't use it much until I sent it off for a CLA in about 2008. I have the winder for it but I very rarely use it (too noisy, too bulky). I also have the grip for my K10D and K20D but I never use that either! The MX was my second SLR after my original ME Super died. I now have the MX, LX and KX and can never make up my mind which one to use as I like them all!

K.
09-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #34

Photos: Albums
I recently picked up my first MX off eBay for $30 (counting shipping) and absolutely love it. While the shutter speed dial is not loose by any means, I don't find it too difficult to manipulate with my index finger. The P3n shutter dial does extend in front of the body just a bit, but it has been replaces as my walking around camera by the MX.

10-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #35

Does it worth the price difference between the MX and Chinon CM4, Cosina CT1A (both mechanically controlled metal SEIKO shutter ) ? Often it goes at least 2-3 times the price and even more for the black MX :-(
Thanks
10-03-2010, 10:03 PM   #36
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I had a MX in college and had to sell it one semester for books. I recently bought one from a Forum member and it appears to be in good working order. I have small hands, which is what led me to purchase the MX originally. Fast forward a couple of decades and my eyesight is not what it used to be. I use the maginfier eye piece on my K7. It appears that there are magnifying eye pieces for the MX, but I have no idea which one I should look for. Is there one that offers a range of settings? Help please! I don't want to have to give up my MX a second time :-(
10-04-2010, 03:58 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by loveisageless Quote
I had a MX in college and had to sell it one semester for books. I recently bought one from a Forum member and it appears to be in good working order. I have small hands, which is what led me to purchase the MX originally. Fast forward a couple of decades and my eyesight is not what it used to be. I use the maginfier eye piece on my K7. It appears that there are magnifying eye pieces for the MX, but I have no idea which one I should look for. Is there one that offers a range of settings? Help please! I don't want to have to give up my MX a second time :-(
The magnifier eyepiece on your K7 will fit your MX too. There are also eyepiece correction lenses available for a variety of dioptres.

The size of the viewfinder has remained the same since the introduction of the M-series cameras and all viewfinder accessories are therefore interchangeable.

K.
10-04-2010, 08:01 AM   #38
Site Supporter

It is more likely that you need a diopter correction eyepiece rather than a magnifier.
Get the value closest to your eyeglass prescription for your shooting eye.

Chris