Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Difference between ME Super and ME Super SE

I just received an ME Super SE that I got on ebay for $35 shipped. Looks nice enough and seems to work. It has been awhile since I actually had an ME Super so my question is, What is the difference or enhancement in the SE version of this camera?

05-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've never heard of this camera, and we don't have the variant in our camera database. Could you please post a photo of it? We'll start researching it right away
05-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

My ME Super has a horizontal split screen, but I believe the SE has a diagonal split screen? I'm not aware of any other differences.
05-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I just received an ME Super SE that I got on ebay for $35 shipped. Looks nice enough and seems to work. It has been awhile since I actually had an ME Super so my question is, What is the difference or enhancement in the SE version of this camera?

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I've never heard of this camera, and we don't have the variant in our camera database. Could you please post a photo of it? We'll start researching it right away
QuoteOriginally posted by wshi Quote
My ME Super has a horizontal split screen, but I believe the SE has a diagonal split screen? I'm not aware of any other differences.
Quoted from Boz's K-Mount Page: "The "SE" in the ME Super SE body stands for "special eddition." However, the only known difference is that the focusing screen of the SE body is diagonally split, and that of the non-SE body horizontally-split."

Bodies - MESuper

05-10-2010, 02:09 PM - 1 Like   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster

05-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

That body certainly looks nice and clean.
05-10-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks very much for the photos. We will add them to the DB soon!

05-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's a very clean baseplate. Do you know if it was stored in a "never-ready" case?
05-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Thanks very much for the photos. We will add them to the DB soon!
You're welcome. If you would, let me know when done. I'd suggest storing them in the database space itself in case I accidentally delete them from flickr.

QuoteOriginally posted by geauxpez Quote
That's a very clean baseplate. Do you know if it was stored in a "never-ready" case?
In came in a near perfect case with the AP emblem on it. The type that has the sprung clip like things that go over the strap lugs. No screw into the base of the camera like my Spotmatic case.. There were no batteries in it, there doesn't appear to be many marks on the camera at all. I doubt this camera ever saw a tripod. The foam bumpers and seals all look good. I can see from the lens mount it was used some but I don't get the impression this camera saw much action.

I've had all kinds of ME Supers but there's always been one thing or another wrong with them. Film advance stuck, meter dead, etc.

05-11-2010, 05:24 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Nice looking ME Super. As said beofre the SE had a diagonal split screen.
Light seals will probably need to be changed anyways; but in general seems clean, it will hopefully be in good condition
05-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #11
Pentaxian

I have both a ME Super and Super SE. I do like the diagonal split screen better.