Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I broke my SV :( looking for CLA in japan

I was testing this little piece of jewelery last week when while cranking the film lever i tripped and brutely almost finished cranking and returning the lever and now the shutter doesn't trip, the lever is not acting to the mecanism (I think something got loose inside) and I can't open it to check/repair it since I have no screwdrivers to work with some of the screws.

Can someone point me to a CLA'er that can help me here in japan? I want to send it for CLA (along a MX for calibration) or if the CLA is too expensive just the MX and maybe get another from the guy that Mike Cash linked in another thread.

So I want to CLA the MX and possibly (if not cost prohibitive) the SV, can anyone help me in this matter?

05-14-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
Site Supporter

You could see what shipping to Eric Hendrickson in Tennessee would cost via him shipping it back to you USPS International Priority. Shipping from him would probably be ~ $42 from him to you for both of them.
05-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I heard that places like Yodobashi and Bic Camera actually do those jobs. You may have to call the specific stores to ask about it.
05-15-2010, 12:21 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
You could see what shipping to Eric Hendrickson in Tennessee would cost via him shipping it back to you USPS International Priority. Shipping from him would probably be ~ $42 from him to you for both of them.
Ouch. I'd be better calling this one 'defunct' for now and trying just with the MX. I don't really need another camera right now so I'll pass from getting one. Need to stop the CBA before it gets really bad.

@tokyoso: Will take a look at that, might be a good idea. I wonder if they work with old cameras.

05-15-2010, 01:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by summonbaka Quote
Ouch. I'd be better calling this one 'defunct' for now and trying just with the MX. I don't really need another camera right now so I'll pass from getting one. Need to stop the CBA before it gets really bad.

@tokyoso: Will take a look at that, might be a good idea. I wonder if they work with old cameras.
I believe so as I was told. Try the main branch first like yodobashi @shinjuku or bic camera @ikebu. There should be lots of camera techs from that era, now in retirement that may run a hobby shop or do this for side money. There are quite a few shops like that all over the city.

Or you can look up your local kitamura store, it's a large chain that deal in photographic goods and used cameras. Should be able to reference a repair tech or two.
05-16-2010, 09:04 AM   #6

Original Poster
I asked to friends here and they pointed me to a pentax-mostly repairman near my home. I checked their website and found out that it's around $80 for a "normal clean" whatever that means. So maybe sending it to Eric will be cheaper, I'll send him a message sometime this week.