Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
As for the value: US$150, expecially knowing that it needs to be CLA'd. The real value is in the lens.
Agreed. I would not pay anywhere near that without seeing the real camera first however. It would have to be in very good condition. Lens MIGHT be worth 150.00 but I've purchased more than one fine example for about $80.00. Maybe those days are gone.

Asahiflex, I do hope you are enjoying that 58mm Sonnar.

woof

05-19-2010, 11:39 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the guy is selling an Asahi Spot F, I wonder why he is showing a K with matching Zebra from Mechelhoff's collection. The Zebra will only have limited utility on the Spot F i.e. no open aperture metering. For the record, Mechelhoff's K is probably worth somewhre between $275-375 USD because it is in very good physical shape and very good mechanical shape. That's based on observations.

You need to look at the body & lens and verify what he is calling an F. If it is an F and is working, I wouldn't give more than ~$30 because it will probably need CLA anyway which will be another $65. As far as the lens, I'd try to get it for $100. If I didn't have a Zebra and it was in very good shape, I'd go as high as $150 if I had the money. That's just my opinion, but it is based on documented observations.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't take 10 Spotmatic F bodies or 15 other Spotties for my K if I had to get down to m42 1 body.
05-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
...Do you know if the meter works? Nine times out of 10, they don't.
AFAIK, these do not come with a meter: clip-on meters came in with the S/H-series, and on-board metering with the Spotmatics. you would need a hand-held meter, or use the exposure guides that came with the film.
05-19-2010, 11:49 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Asahiflex, I do hope you are enjoying that 58mm Sonnar.
Absolutely, it's probably the last standard lens I'll ever sell (i.e. this will never happen)

05-20-2010, 09:06 AM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Absolutely, it's probably the last standard lens I'll ever sell (i.e. this will never happen)
Glad to hear it.

Kind regards.