Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,663
RIP Legacy Pro???

I bet the title really got you, eh? Time to start some new film demise rumors? There was a recent post on APUG indicating that Freestyle was discontinuing the LegacyPro film line (LINK). I called Freestyle to check it out and Emily in Customer Sales/Service assured me that the product had good sales and would continue to be available in the foreseeable future. Film alert status...ALL CLEAR.


Steve

(Placed an order for 100' of LP 100 and 5 rolls of LP 400 135...just in case)

05-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
GeneV's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albuquerque NM
Photos: Albums
Posts: 9,775
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I bet the title really got you, eh? Time to start some new film demise rumors? There was a recent post on APUG indicating that Freestyle was discontinuing the LegacyPro film line (LINK). I called Freestyle to check it out and Emily in Customer Sales/Service assured me that the product had good sales and would continue to be available in the foreseeable future. Film alert status...ALL CLEAR.


Steve

(Placed an order for 100' of LP 100 and 5 rolls of LP 400 135...just in case)
Damn, Steve, you sure know how to scare a guy. I love that stuff. I am on my second brick.
05-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
Pentaxian
ChrisPlatt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Queens NYC
Posts: 4,881
Nowadays whenever a film is out of stock somewhere a new rumor is born.

Various Arista films are out of stock periodically, presumably while
they wait for the manufacturers next production run.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 05-21-2010 at 04:23 PM.
05-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Jools's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SW Wisconsin by way of Venezuela
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,387
Unaware of the rumor... but then again I operate under the cloud that any day now the whole film industry will shut down. So I buy with a hoarding mentality.
I invested in a small "college" fridge because my wife was getting mighty angry with loosing food space.
In fact, awaiting some Legacy Pro early next week.

05-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,663
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Damn, Steve, you sure know how to scare a guy. I love that stuff. I am on my second brick.
After having supplies of Rollei Retro 100 dry up here in N. America, I have started to take a philosophical attitude towards my film habit. What I like and can get, I buy and I use. When it disappears, I find something else.


Steve


(Yes, I know...I can still get RR 100 from macodirect.de for about 29 EUR + shipping...50 EUR minimum order...)
05-22-2010, 07:37 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
GeneV's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albuquerque NM
Photos: Albums
Posts: 9,775
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
After having supplies of Rollei Retro 100 dry up here in N. America, I have started to take a philosophical attitude towards my film habit. What I like and can get, I buy and I use. When it disappears, I find something else.


Steve


(Yes, I know...I can still get RR 100 from macodirect.de for about 29 EUR + shipping...50 EUR minimum order...)
Probably smart. I'm a little bit in that hoarding mentality another poster mentioned. We bought a little freezer so we could split a cow with some other couples. The freezer has much more film in it than beef.

And the beef--not so great, but that is another story.
05-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
Veteran Member
lbenac's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Probably smart. I'm a little bit in that hoarding mentality another poster mentioned. We bought a little freezer so we could split a cow with some other couples. The freezer has much more film in it than beef.

And the beef--not so great, but that is another story.
Did you make sure that you developed the beef one hour in Rodinal 1+100?
If yes then you might need to pre-soaked the beef in a nice marinade.

Cheers,

Luc
05-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
GeneV's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albuquerque NM
Photos: Albums
Posts: 9,775
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Did you make sure that you developed the beef one hour in Rodinal 1+100?
If yes then you might need to pre-soaked the beef in a nice marinade.

Cheers,

Luc
Funny you should mention that. It turned out that the highest and best use of this beef is either boeuf bourguignon or after a few days of a marinade of some kind. It was 100% grass fed, and it lacks fat.

05-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
Inactive Account




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 652
Not to turn this into a beef thread, but we once bought 1/4 of a grass fed cow... we ended up getting rid of most of it because it tasted so bad. Sadly no amount of Rodinal seemed to make it better. I guess I like my hormones and grain.

It would be a very sad day if Freestyle stopped offering this! I wish they offered the 100 in 120 too, but the real thing isn't priced too badly anyway.

I'd like the 400 in 120 too, but RIP Neopan 400(120).
05-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
GeneV's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albuquerque NM
Photos: Albums
Posts: 9,775
QuoteOriginally posted by Vertex Ninja Quote
Not to turn this into a beef thread, but we once bought 1/4 of a grass fed cow... we ended up getting rid of most of it because it tasted so bad. Sadly no amount of Rodinal seemed to make it better. I guess I like my hormones and grain.
Probably not the hormones but the corn.

Anyway, it is good to hear that the title of this thread is not accurate.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
film, freestyle, lp
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: 12 Rolls Arista Legacy Pro 400 (aka Fuji Neopan 400) k100d Sold Items 1 11-22-2009 08:38 PM
K100d super with Legacy (MF) Lenses dimebag Pentax DSLR Discussion 12 10-06-2009 02:03 PM
Legacy lenses and K10D K100D woof Pentax DSLR Discussion 6 02-17-2008 07:22 PM
2002 Olympic legacy bridge SLC Flyfishing Post Your Photos! 0 10-16-2007 08:42 AM
Help w/legacy glass GridUser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 18 07-23-2007 09:57 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:14 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top