Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
RIP Legacy Pro???

I bet the title really got you, eh? Time to start some new film demise rumors? There was a recent post on APUG indicating that Freestyle was discontinuing the LegacyPro film line (LINK). I called Freestyle to check it out and Emily in Customer Sales/Service assured me that the product had good sales and would continue to be available in the foreseeable future. Film alert status...ALL CLEAR.

Steve

(Placed an order for 100' of LP 100 and 5 rolls of LP 400 135...just in case)

05-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I bet the title really got you, eh? Time to start some new film demise rumors? There was a recent post on APUG indicating that Freestyle was discontinuing the LegacyPro film line (LINK). I called Freestyle to check it out and Emily in Customer Sales/Service assured me that the product had good sales and would continue to be available in the foreseeable future. Film alert status...ALL CLEAR.

Steve

(Placed an order for 100' of LP 100 and 5 rolls of LP 400 135...just in case)
Damn, Steve, you sure know how to scare a guy. I love that stuff. I am on my second brick.
05-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Nowadays whenever a film is out of stock somewhere a new rumor is born.

Various Arista films are out of stock periodically, presumably while
they wait for the manufacturers next production run.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 05-21-2010 at 04:23 PM.
05-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unaware of the rumor... but then again I operate under the cloud that any day now the whole film industry will shut down. So I buy with a hoarding mentality.
I invested in a small "college" fridge because my wife was getting mighty angry with loosing food space.
In fact, awaiting some Legacy Pro early next week.

05-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Damn, Steve, you sure know how to scare a guy. I love that stuff. I am on my second brick.
After having supplies of Rollei Retro 100 dry up here in N. America, I have started to take a philosophical attitude towards my film habit. What I like and can get, I buy and I use. When it disappears, I find something else.

Steve

(Yes, I know...I can still get RR 100 from macodirect.de for about 29 EUR + shipping...50 EUR minimum order...)
05-22-2010, 07:37 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
After having supplies of Rollei Retro 100 dry up here in N. America, I have started to take a philosophical attitude towards my film habit. What I like and can get, I buy and I use. When it disappears, I find something else.

Steve

(Yes, I know...I can still get RR 100 from macodirect.de for about 29 EUR + shipping...50 EUR minimum order...)
Probably smart. I'm a little bit in that hoarding mentality another poster mentioned. We bought a little freezer so we could split a cow with some other couples. The freezer has much more film in it than beef.

And the beef--not so great, but that is another story.
05-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Probably smart. I'm a little bit in that hoarding mentality another poster mentioned. We bought a little freezer so we could split a cow with some other couples. The freezer has much more film in it than beef.

And the beef--not so great, but that is another story.
Did you make sure that you developed the beef one hour in Rodinal 1+100?
If yes then you might need to pre-soaked the beef in a nice marinade.

Cheers,

Luc
05-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Did you make sure that you developed the beef one hour in Rodinal 1+100?
If yes then you might need to pre-soaked the beef in a nice marinade.

Cheers,

Luc
Funny you should mention that. It turned out that the highest and best use of this beef is either boeuf bourguignon or after a few days of a marinade of some kind. It was 100% grass fed, and it lacks fat.

05-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Not to turn this into a beef thread, but we once bought 1/4 of a grass fed cow... we ended up getting rid of most of it because it tasted so bad. Sadly no amount of Rodinal seemed to make it better. I guess I like my hormones and grain.

It would be a very sad day if Freestyle stopped offering this! I wish they offered the 100 in 120 too, but the real thing isn't priced too badly anyway.

I'd like the 400 in 120 too, but RIP Neopan 400(120).
05-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Vertex Ninja Quote
Not to turn this into a beef thread, but we once bought 1/4 of a grass fed cow... we ended up getting rid of most of it because it tasted so bad. Sadly no amount of Rodinal seemed to make it better. I guess I like my hormones and grain.
Probably not the hormones but the corn.

Anyway, it is good to hear that the title of this thread is not accurate.