Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2010, 04:14 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
How do I remove the focus screen from a K1000se

I can't for the life of me remove the focus screen or even find detailed instructions on how to get it out. Please help, i'd really love to put it on my kx if its not too damaged already trying to get it out.

06-01-2010, 06:22 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I don't believe the K1000 had a user interchangeable focus screen. To remove the screen you would pretty much have to disassemble the entire top of the camera and this is not recommended unless you are a very good do-it-yourselfer. And I mean VERY, VERY good!!!!!! In other words, don't do it. Probably the best thing to do if you absolutely must have a different screen in the KX is to check with Eric to inquire if he has one and what it would cost to install it during a CLA. After all, if he has to take it apart, you might as well have him clean, lube and adjust the KX along with new light seals so the camera will be good for another 30 years.

CW
06-01-2010, 07:08 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Vampyreguy Quote
I can't for the life of me remove the focus screen or even find detailed instructions on how to get it out. Please help, i'd really love to put it on my kx if its not too damaged already trying to get it out.
See if you can find a service manual for the camera, including a detailed exploded diagram. Removing the screen requires some disassembly on the K1000
06-01-2010, 07:25 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's correct, You have to disassemble the camera. This model did not support replacing screens by the user.