Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Got my "new" toy today ZX L

B&H rated it at a 9, which was way under rated. There's not a mark on this camera. It's perfect. I also picked up the battery grip with it., again, perfect.

Put some batteries in her, fired her up and she seems to work as advertised. Tried a few lens'. The DA 16 45 works from about 22 mm up, the DA 55-300 if fine, and the Sigma 105 seems to be OK as well. Even my remotes work with it. It's almost like having a full frame camera for 150 bucks. Of course the M and FA lens I have work just fine too.

Amazingly, it even appears I can get a dedicated camera plate for it from RRS or Acratech.

Well, I know what I'll be doing this weekend I just had to brag on the new camera a bit. Thanks for your indulgence.

06-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

ZX-L is nice, it's one of the best quasi-modern pentax cameras with its ability to use old and new lenses to their full extent, something which even the vaunted MZ-S cannot. as well, it is cheap with many accessories that should be easily obtainable.

the big minus for it to me is the viewfinder, but it still is a bit nicer than a DSLR viewfinder, so it's still moving on up