Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2010, 02:22 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I'm beginning to think that lens is worth it's weight in gold. I said "no" and the guy upped his offer again, but by then I'd decided not to sell it anyway. Told him that, and now he's after me to sell it in a big, bad way, again. I'm keeping it for my SPII. It was sheer dumb luck that I even got this lens. It came with my old SPI, and is undeniably worth more than that camera is, so I guess I was just meant to have it.

I don't know about it's weight in gold but some of these old Pentax lenses have become real cult classics. If your friend is that hot for one, there's always ebay.

06-22-2010, 07:37 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Already pointed him in that direction, but I don't think he's taking the hint very well. I think it's because he can see my lens is near perfect, has the case and all, and on Ebay he'd be taking his chances and likely paying more than he wants to. I've been duly warned about him by another person since I started this actually. He's apparently like a dog with a bone and hates the word "no" takes it very personally. I don't know. Maybe it's not so much about the lens at this point as it is he just wants to "win" or something. Either way he's a bit nasty and I'm not answering his calls. Can't hardly avoid him if I go, but I don't think the others will let him get in my face too much. He's a bit scary though. I wouldn't take it with me again, let's put it that way. I don't trust him much within range of it.
06-22-2010, 07:58 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a shame... I've heard of people like this in clubs and they are the very reason I don't belong to any. If you decide you want to sell it and you want to show him his methods are pointless, sell it to someone else, in front of him.

Otherwise, get yourself a genuine Pentax M42 adapter (the only one I would personally recommend), put the lens on your camera and go out and enjoy it. Or forget the adapter and get some Fuji Velvia and enjoy the lens on your SPII.