Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #136
Veteran Member

And i wonder how old is he... It'll be oh so sad to have no pictures of him or even anyone to take over in times to come.. :'(
I'm still wanting to send in my K2 and even considering my entire A collection to see if they need some pampering and tune-ups.

Just have to stop my newly acquired hobby of vaping for the funds.. LOL!

Somebody post a pic of him here...

09-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #137
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
And i wonder how old is he...
Well according to his website he started at Honeywell / Pentax in 1969 in the mailroom and worked his way up to Repair Department Supervisor/Technician. In 1992 he started Precision Camera Service and retired in 2005. I've been sending him cameras in TN since shortly after he moved there.

If he was 21 in 1969 (and I have no way to know) he'd be 65 today.
09-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #138
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Well according to his website he started at Honeywell / Pentax in 1969 in the mailroom and worked his way up to Repair Department Supervisor/Technician. In 1992 he started Precision Camera Service and retired in 2005. I've been sending him cameras in TN since shortly after he moved there.

If he was 21 in 1969 (and I have no way to know) he'd be 65 today.
Darn it.... Eric!! Get in here now and post a pic of yourself for goodness sake!!
You're a legend man!
09-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #139
Lens Buying Addict

Darn it.... Eric!! Get in here now and post a pic of yourself for goodness sake!!
You're a legend man!
He's very humble and private. He just likes cameras and making them work again, and of course the additional income.

09-05-2013, 02:20 PM - 1 Like   #140
Site Supporter

Yep we would be lost without him and there would be a lot of Pentax film cameras in the landfill instead of being used! Ricoh/Pentax should have a link on their website for him.

Phil.
09-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #141
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Yep we would be lost without him and there would be a lot of Pentax film cameras in the landfill instead of being used! Ricoh/Pentax should have a link on their website for him.
Phil.
Agreed! I couldn't say it any better than that!
09-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #142
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
He's very humble and private. He just likes cameras and making them work again, and of course the additional income.
Hmm.... Sounds like you know him? Or are you, him?
09-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #143
Lens Buying Addict

Hmm.... Sounds like you know him? Or are you, him?
Hah hah, no, I'm not Eric, though he is a member here.

Reading my earlier posts, I've sent him cameras since about 2005 - maybe earlkier, I can't remember now. Probably 25 different cameras ranging from a K to an LX, as well as some lenses.

My hobby has been buying, trying and selling Pentax cameras. Over the years by email and telephone we have become acquainted - not friends - but acquainted as we discussed my repairs and CLA's or just trade emails about Pentax, and I've spoken with or emailed many, many members here who have a similar relationship with Eric.

09-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #144
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I've had 3 cameras and 4 lenses worked on by Eric. Always a quiet gentleman. I had to speak once with him on the phone about a problem lens and parts and he was very courteous. We are lucky to have his services.
09-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #145
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
They should do.
I remember when I took my ME to the Pentax Forum in Shinjuku, Tokyo, one of the assistants said they can't repair it, but recommended a man that could.
They gave me a flyer of his address and services...I didn't end up going though, but if Pentax recommended him then he must be good.
09-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #146

I've got a Program Plus and a 35-105mm f/3.5 lens at his shop as we speak. Had another shop look at the camera and they claimed they could not get the parts to repair it (without even looking at the camera). Just got an invoice from Mr. Hendrickson...keeping my fingers crossed that he's got the parts to get it going and tuned-up. Once I get my Program Plus back, I'll be sending him a Honeywell Spotmatic and Super Takumar 55mm f/1.8 his way.
09-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #147
Site Supporter

My LX and DA 21 should be arriving at his shop tomorrow. Eager to get 'em back but just as eager to have the job done right. (Then I can send my MX and DA 15 in.)
10-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #148

Got my Program Plus back from Eric Hendrickson right at lunch time. The camera looks as good as new, with new seals and everything. I was so excited that I loaded it up with a roll of Fuji Superia 400 and shot nearly the entire roll. Camera seems to be working just fine now!
10-21-2013, 06:21 AM   #149
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by alan_smithee_photos Quote
My LX and DA 21 should be arriving at his shop tomorrow. Eager to get 'em back but just as eager to have the job done right. (Then I can send my MX and DA 15 in.)
I have two LX's headed in right now. One developed Sticky Mirror and the other is metering wrong.
10-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #150
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
I have two LX's headed in right now.
Still waiting on mine. The light meter wouldn't turn off (so it would burn through a set of batteries in < 1 day). He had to order a part. Man, I was really hoping to get it back in time for a trip I'm taking in early Nov but that's looking less and less likely.