Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #196
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by chikkad Quote
How do you approach Eric for his repair services?
My general rule has been to send Eric an email stating my intent to send him an item for service. I always identify the equipment (i.e., MX body and M50/1.4 lens) and generally describe the work I think it needs. I'll usually ask about his workload - should I send it or hold off a while. He responds within a day, maybe two, and I don't recall a time when he asked me to wait. Typically, I would send the camera to him the following day, and I include a printed copy of the email in the package.

I've used this process six times so far. It works great for me, and Eric has been receptive.

12-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #197
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hollywoodfred Quote
My general rule has been to send Eric an email stating my intent to send him an item for service. I always identify the equipment (i.e., MX body and M50/1.4 lens) and generally describe the work I think it needs. I'll usually ask about his workload - should I send it or hold off a while. He responds within a day, maybe two, and I don't recall a time when he asked me to wait. Typically, I would send the camera to him the following day, and I include a printed copy of the email in the package.

I've used this process six times so far. It works great for me, and Eric has been receptive.
The same process I've always followed with Eric and other techs.
12-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #198
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I've done much the same and had the same experience with him.
Eric has never balked at anything Pentax I wanted to send him.

Chris
12-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #199
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Exactly how I do things as well. Eric has always been very reliable and has taken care of all my Pentax repair needs. He is honest as well. If he finds that something really is not repairable he is straightforward about it. I have always appreciated that.

12-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #200
Forum Member

You could also take a look at pentaxs.com for contact info etc...
12-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #201
Site Supporter

He repaired a crunchy little Pentax-A 50mm 1.4 for me... came back absolutely perfect.
Eric is the best!
12-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #202
Veteran Member

Unfortunately in Euroland we don't have any Eric Hendricksons...
12-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #203
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Unfortunately in Euroland we don't have any Eric Hendricksons...
Robin at Harrow Technical in, err, Harrow. He doesn't have some of the rarer spares that Eric has, e.g., ES circuit boards, but he does a good job. He sorted out my LX perfectly.

K.

12-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #204
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Robin at Harrow Technical in, err, Harrow. He doesn't have some of the rarer spares that Eric has, e.g., ES circuit boards, but he does a good job. He sorted out my LX perfectly.

K.
Second your opinion as I hear it from friends in UK.
12-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #205
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Second your opinion as I hear it from friends in UK.
I oversaw a thread on Rangefinder Forum that touted Robin's skills.
12-21-2013, 02:45 AM   #206

Sent my Takumar85/1.8 to Erik. Got estimate on the day my package was delivered. Made PayPal payment same day. Received fix lens in two weeks. Thanks Eric
12-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #207
Site Supporter

I mailed my SV on 24 Oct 2013, but have not received it back yet. (Two months now). I did ask that he advise when he mailed it, but so far have heard nothing. Perhaps he has mailed it and it is tied up in Christmas mail.
12-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #208
Loyal Site Supporter

@arnold: I sent my H2 to Eric at the end of October, but told him there was no rush on it. At the end of November I checked on it & he said he could put a rush on it if I wanted, but I told him no, just send it when it's done. I received it a week ago (but didnt get a notification). Arnold, I would email Eric & ask for an update - I'm sure he'll respond.
12-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #209
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
@arnold: I sent my H2 to Eric at the end of October, but told him there was no rush on it. At the end of November I checked on it & he said he could put a rush on it if I wanted, but I told him no, just send it when it's done. I received it a week ago (but didnt get a notification). Arnold, I would email Eric & ask for an update - I'm sure he'll respond.
Thanks Paul, I will wait until after Christmas, as I hate to bother him. I suppose his late wife used to take care of correspondence.
12-29-2013, 04:15 AM   #210
Site Supporter

From Poitiers, France ...

Bonjour,

Sending off tomorrow morning a "MX" and a "Spotmatic F" to Eric for estimates and/or CLA ... both are in great cosmetic (and mechanical) condition, and they will be "keepers" in my collection ... thus I'd like the best for them, since my 2014 New Year's resolution is to shoot a lot more film and develop at home ... and maybe even print, if I can get all organized ...

I called him directly, before the Christmas holidays, and he said that there would be no problem dealing with me (ex-pat Okie) from France. A nice conversation, and looking forward to his services ...

Salut, J

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 12-29-2013 at 04:30 AM.