Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2020, 03:17 AM   #466

Photos: Albums
Does anyone have some more info on Eric?

I sent my KX off months ago and according to the tracking it's been stuck in a Post Office in Knoxville since the 29th of June!

I emailed him three weeks ago to ask him what the Covid/Post situation is like over there so I can get a bit more information/get things moving and I haven't heard back from him?

Is this normal to not hear from him for this long? I got a reply with my first initial contact...? Just getting a little worried that my KX is lost forever as it's an heirloom of my father's!

10-14-2020, 10:24 AM   #467

I would say its not, in the last month I've sent in to Eric, and received back, a 6x7 and an LX. The issue sounds like its not on Eric's end as he's usually very prompt about picking up items. The postal service seems like its been behind the game in recent months due both to covid and the odd political situation they've been put in.
12-28-2020, 12:23 PM   #468

Hello... I have a Pentax 645 that the shutter isn’t working on. Got this camera used. All new batteries. I’ve tried everything. LCD shows basic info but nothing showing in viewfinder and film not winding/shutter. Not releasing.
Interested in having fixed/cleaned up if possible.
Thanks!
12-28-2020, 04:35 PM   #469
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tashepa Quote
Hello... I have a Pentax 645 that the shutter isn’t working on. Got this camera used. All new batteries. I’ve tried everything. LCD shows basic info but nothing showing in viewfinder and film not winding/shutter. Not releasing.
Thanks!
Here is Eric's contact info: Home-Pentaxs

01-02-2021, 07:18 AM   #470
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Eric just did a min turnaround on my elderly non-MLU P6x7; I shipped it out and had it back on Christmas Eve (under 2 weeks), works perfectly and still has that "new CLA smell."
01-03-2021, 12:23 AM   #471

Interesting that he’s doing the old non-MLU units again, he told me in sept that they were (at the time it seems) unrepairable.
01-03-2021, 09:53 AM   #472
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Finn Lyle Quote
Interesting that he’s doing the old non-MLU units again, he told me in sept that they were (at the time it seems) unrepairable.
He cleaned and lubed the shutter and film transport, installed light seals and mirror bumper, calibrated the shutter speeds and replaced the shutter curtains that had come off their tracks and become misaligned. I'm guessing each of those actions are common to both types of units and don't require ant unique parts.

09-01-2021, 10:14 AM   #473

Does anyone knows if Eric is working at the moment? I have an MX I'd like to send him. Just sent an e-mail but I'm not sure if he answers it.
In his page he says that I have to send the camera with a note, e-mail and that's it.
Any clues?
Thans, Ben
09-01-2021, 11:11 AM   #474

I sent a camera to him a few months ago and he responded to my emails within 24–48 hours. He also serviced the camera and two lenses and got them back to me in less than a month. (Actually, I think it was about three weeks from the time I shipped the camera until I got it back.)
09-01-2021, 11:42 AM   #475
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pazzescobf Quote
Does anyone knows if Eric is working at the moment? I have an MX I'd like to send him. Just sent an e-mail but I'm not sure if he answers it.
In his page he says that I have to send the camera with a note, e-mail and that's it.
Any clues?
Thans, Ben
He does answer emails and the turnaround time is 3-4wks
09-01-2021, 03:20 PM   #476
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
When I contacted him recently Eric told me he'd be on vacation for the month of August (2021).
I told him I'd wait until September to send him my daughters Pentax MX body for CLA.

Chris
09-01-2021, 04:27 PM   #477
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tashepa Quote

Thanks!
Have you tried manually cocking the shutter? I had my P645 lock up when I opened the back mid-roll accidentally. I thought I killed it but all it took was to user the winding know on the bottom on the side port and wind the shutter manually. After that everything worked again.

09-01-2021, 05:19 PM   #478
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by titrisol Quote
He does answer emails and the turnaround time is 3-4wks
Turnaround time at the moment is about two days. He CLA’d my SPII (sent in really just because the 1/1000 shutter speed was borked) and cleaned the aperture blades on my Super-Takumar 35mm f/3.5 last week. Think I got and paid the invoice on Wednesday night (day he got it) and it was shipped back to me on Friday. I’ll add that emailing in advance didn’t seem to accomplish much. He really wanted to see my gear rather than speculate on it, so I just sent it and decided the quote for tuning up the lens was worth it.
09-01-2021, 06:43 PM   #479

Interesting to note his site no longer makes any mention of the LX, I wonder if he is servicing them anymore. If not, I don’t know of anywhere that will work on one currently.
09-02-2021, 12:10 PM   #480
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
Turnaround time at the moment is about two days. He CLA’d my SPII (sent in really just because the 1/1000 shutter speed was borked) and cleaned the aperture blades on my Super-Takumar 35mm f/3.5 last week. Think I got and paid the invoice on Wednesday night (day he got it) and it was shipped back to me on Friday. I’ll add that emailing in advance didn’t seem to accomplish much. He really wanted to see my gear rather than speculate on it, so I just sent it and decided the quote for tuning up the lens was worth it.
WOW!
Thanks for this... I have to send my KX now