Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 98 Likes Search this Thread
05-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Eric replaced the same motor/gear in my Pentax MZ-3.

I also own Pentax LX, KX, K2, K2DMD, KM and MX cameras serviced by Eric Hendrickson.
An additional half dozen or more Pentax bodies he serviced have since been sold, traded or given as gifts.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 08-11-2012 at 04:42 PM.
08-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #92
Inactive Account

Hi.. I'm from the Philippines.. I am planning to send my Spotmatic to Eric.. You think it's practical? I love this camera so much and I want it to be in great shape again..
08-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #93
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by KarlZeiss Quote
Hi.. I'm from the Philippines.. I am planning to send my Spotmatic to Eric.. You think it's practical? I love this camera so much and I want it to be in great shape again..
I don't know what the shipping costs would be, but Eric charges less than most camera technicians, and his work is the best. He has restored a couple of my Spotmatics, and they are perfect. He has an SPII and original 1957 AP of mine now.
So yes, I'd say it is still practical!
08-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #94
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KarlZeiss Quote
You will certainly be happy with the results. Like Chris, Eric has worked on all my K Series Pentax cameras but my K1000, and all 3 of my LX's. Every one of them works great.

08-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #95
Veteran Member

I sent my ES11 from Australia...everything worked out fine....a big PLUS from me.
Cheers, Pickles.
08-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #96
Inactive Account

Great! Thanks pickles, TomB_tx & Pioneer.. I'll send my camera to Eric next week..
08-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Eric has my Super Program, also sent him a parts camera with a smashed top because mine seems to have been rained on at least once and several buttons are iffy. Apparently there are 2 versions of the Super Program though and he wasn't sure if the parts camera would work until he got into it, I think they will though.

Hmm, didn't know Eric was an ebay seller, anyone have his seller ID? That would be a whole hell of a lot faster than buying something else and then sending it to him.

And I also agree that Eric needs an apprentice that he can eventually sell the impossible to get tools and machines to, even if its someone just doing it as a side job. You have to do that stuff for years to get the hang of it.

It will be a real hoot if Eric is silly enough to warn us ahead of time when he plans to stop fixing cameras, we will get a picture of a pair of feet sticking out from under a 40 foot high pile of delivery boxes.

I do have panic moments when I feel like I need to buy up a bunch of bodies and have them sorted now so I will have them for the future, but then I realize there's no need to hoard, I think my K1000 will still be serviceable by someone long after I am dead and I'd be perfectly content if that was the only one left working after parts for all the rest are gone. I'd love an LX just to have one, but for whatever difference it might make in the end result of the image on the negative the price is positively stupid, I could accomplish the same with a modern spot meter and my K1000 or Super Program and probably spend less. A camera is just a lens and film holder after all.

10-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #98
Veteran Member

Mr. Eric Hendrickson

I sent 1/2 of my camera collection to Eric one month ago. On the day that he received my cameras ( 2 Lx's, KX, MX, ME Super, 43mm, 10-14mm, 50mm f1.4), he informed me that his wife died. He told me that there would be a delay in the repair. Today, Eric notified me that he is repairing my cameras. When asked if he was accepting more work, he said yes. On Monday, I am sending him the rest of my camera collection and two lenses: 2 ME Super, ME-F, MZ-S, K2DMD, PZ-1p, KX, 50mm Macro and 24mm f3.5. I am glad that Eric is again using his expert skills and indepth knowledge to restore these magnificent machines.
10-21-2012, 04:58 AM   #99
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Indeed; I too had sent Eric a camera and two lenses right before his terribly sad news. Got them back a week ago, in beautiful condition of course -- thanks Eric!
10-21-2012, 05:24 AM   #100
Veteran Member

I am very happy to hear that Eric is doing better.
10-21-2012, 05:55 AM   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the update.
11-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #102
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Eric is back at it. I sent him 3 SV bodies with broken parts hoping he could get two of them working with all the parts. (One had a bad curtain, one a bent advance lever shaft, etc) That was just before hearing that his wife died, so I wrote and told him not to bother with them for as long as he needed. He quickly responded that he had parts to fix all three, so I paid and again told him absolutely no rush.
They arrived back today, and all work like new. He even replaced the "leather" on the black H3V, for cheaper than I could have bought a set myself.
He is indeed a treasure.
11-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TomB_tx Quote
Eric is back at it. I sent him 3 SV bodies with broken parts hoping he could get two of them working with all the parts. (One had a bad curtain, one a bent advance lever shaft, etc) That was just before hearing that his wife died, so I wrote and told him not to bother with them for as long as he needed. He quickly responded that he had parts to fix all three, so I paid and again told him absolutely no rush.
They arrived back today, and all work like new. He even replaced the "leather" on the black H3V, for cheaper than I could have bought a set myself.
He is indeed a treasure.
He's a good man. We are very lucky that he loves his work. Thanks for sharing your positive experience.
11-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #104
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PPPPPP42 Quote

It will be a real hoot if Eric is silly enough to warn us ahead of time when he plans to stop fixing cameras, we will get a picture of a pair of feet sticking out from under a 40 foot high pile of delivery boxes.

I do have panic moments when I feel like I need to buy up a bunch of bodies and have them sorted now so I will have them for the future, but then I realize there's no need to hoard, I think my K1000 will still be serviceable by someone long after I am dead and I'd be perfectly content if that was the only one left working after parts for all the rest are gone. I'd love an LX just to have one, but for whatever difference it might make in the end result of the image on the negative the price is positively stupid, I could accomplish the same with a modern spot meter and my K1000 or Super Program and probably spend less. A camera is just a lens and film holder after all.
Multiple bodies CLA'd by Eric: check
~1000 ft of 35mm B+W film in cold storage: check
Careful eye on the market to watch chemical availability for DIY B+W processing: check

11-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gabriel_bc Quote
Multiple bodies CLA'd by Eric: check
~1000 ft of 35mm B+W film in cold storage: check
Careful eye on the market to watch chemical availability for DIY B+W processing: check

Wow a 1000 ft, that will keep you busy for awhile! Glad to hear about the cameras as well. Eric came to the rescue again.

Phil.