Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 98 Likes Search this Thread
12-22-2018, 09:49 AM   #436
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tj_photogs Quote
Do you think it would be a waste to send to Eric. It seems like an unrepairable issue to me. I just want to avoid picking up another body online again without some experienced advice this time.
Contact him but I believe he will evaluate and let you know if it is repairable and how much and you can tell him to go ahead or otherwise.

BTW, welcome aboard!

12-22-2018, 01:40 PM   #437
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Contact him but I believe he will evaluate and let you know if it is repairable and how much and you can tell him to go ahead or otherwise.

BTW, welcome aboard!
Yes - Eric will give you a free, no obligation estimate to repair your KX (I think you pay return shipping, but what’s the point of getting a broken camera back?)
12-22-2018, 08:59 PM - 3 Likes   #438
Forum Member

Eric just fixed a number of items for me - I can now use my 50mm f/4 SMC Macro-Takumar with my ES II bodies . Highly recommended.

BTW, if any one has any junk Pentax cameras please consider sending them to Eric. He will use the parts to fix some one else's Pentax. I've given him a number of cameras. He replaced the base plate of my K1000 with a donor bottom plate as mine had so much corrosion in the battery compartment it cold not be opened to change the battery. I gave the over-hauled K1000 to my brother who he and his girlfriend actively use K1000's. Another Pentax saved!
12-23-2018, 12:46 PM   #439
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tj_photogs Quote
Anyone have similar issues?
Mine had similar problems and Eric fixed it.

Steve

12-23-2018, 12:49 PM   #440
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I sent Eric three film cameras a few months ago to use for parts. I hope someone gets the parts they need for their cameras from those three cameras.
01-13-2020, 03:55 PM   #441
Site Supporter

I’m going to send him my model S for a CLA. I’ll update once I get it back.
01-28-2020, 02:13 PM   #442

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Many of us here owe a great debt to expert repairman Eric Hendickson, who keeps our Pentax cameras humming along.

Eric has repaired/CLA'ed most of my Pentax cameras past and present, currently including LX, K2, KX, KM and MX bodies.
I'm planning to send him two more recent acquisitions, a DOA MZ-3 and another KX, this one with a shutter problem.

What have you had repaired by Eric Hendrickson?

Chris
Hi Chris
Heiland H2
Pentax H2
Pentax S2
and an AP waiting to come back. Eddie

---------- Post added 01-28-20 at 02:16 PM ----------

Heiland H2
Pentax H2
Pentax S2
and waiting for an AP to come back. Cheers Eddie

02-23-2020, 06:52 PM   #443
Site Supporter

Got my S back the other day. Had an issue with the shutter. It’s now fully functional and I am very happy.
04-05-2020, 12:26 PM   #444
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Just wondering, has anyone checked in on Eric recently?

Chris
04-05-2020, 02:11 PM   #445
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Just wondering, has anyone checked in on Eric recently?

Chris
I got an email from him a little over a month ago and returned my LX to me in March.

Phil.
04-07-2020, 12:24 PM - 3 Likes   #446
Forum Member

I sent Eric an email yesterday to check on him. He responded today- he's alive and well ! If he goes out his doctor says he has to wear a mask.
04-07-2020, 04:43 PM   #447
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Aoresteen Quote
I sent Eric an email yesterday to check on him. He responded today- he's alive and well ! If he goes out his doctor says he has to wear a mask.
That's good news. When I was in his part of the country three weeks ago, there wasn't even social distancing.

Cross the line into Georgia and people were spraying sanitizer on everything...

-Eric
04-07-2020, 06:54 PM   #448
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
I got an email from him a little over a month ago and returned my LX to me in March.

Phil.
How are you my friend, in the world of Corona,...just got a reminder on my email on the Eric thread, saw you name so thought I'd wish you all the best,..I recently managed to sell my 85 1.8 & 15mm aspheric smc! M42!!..I've got a whole range of mint as new Pentax Screwmount if you know anyone who's interested,...all MINT!!..Keep safe.
Regards, Martin
04-08-2020, 07:39 AM   #449
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pickles Quote
How are you my friend, in the world of Corona,...just got a reminder on my email on the Eric thread, saw you name so thought I'd wish you all the best,..I recently managed to sell my 85 1.8 & 15mm aspheric smc! M42!!..I've got a whole range of mint as new Pentax Screwmount if you know anyone who's interested,...all MINT!!..Keep safe.
Regards, Martin
Hey Martin, nice to hear from you.

We're doing OK here in Vancouver and the virus has not hit as hard compared to other places. I still can my film developed, so I'm thankful for that.

You have a great collection of Screw-mount gear, you should try the forum if you want to sell some of it. Your gear was very collectible, so someone should be interested in it.

Hope everything is OK where you are, no F1 GP this year I guess which is a shame.

Take care.

Phil.
04-08-2020, 03:12 PM   #450
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
That's good to hear. I just sent him an email. If work is slack I'll send him a couple of Pentax M42 bodies for CLA.

Chris