Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 98 Likes Search this Thread
04-08-2020, 03:25 PM - 1 Like   #451
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
That's good to hear. I just sent him an email. If work is slack I'll send him a couple of Pentax M42 bodies for CLA.

Chris
Seconded!

05-27-2020, 10:38 AM - 2 Likes   #452

I've been in contact with Eric over the last few days concerning a KM that I've got boxed up for shipment to him. He seemed fine and is still working … Tony D
05-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #453
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony D Quote
I've been in contact with Eric over the last few days concerning a KM that I've got boxed up for shipment to him. He seemed fine and is still working … Tony D
Good to hear and welcome to the forum!

Phil.
05-27-2020, 02:09 PM   #454

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Good to hear and welcome to the forum!

Phil.
Much appreciated Phil!

07-10-2020, 02:28 PM   #455

Hi, quick question. I sent Eric my Pentax K1000 a couple weeks ago and received an invoice a few days later. I paid the bill through PayPal, however my account is associated with a different email address than what Eric had used to contact me. At the same time I sent Eric an email clarifying this.

Is this anyone else's experience, and will Eric recognize the invoice as paid?

Thanks for your advice. I've been hovering around these forums for awhile now--y'all seem like a good crowd.
07-10-2020, 02:34 PM - 2 Likes   #456
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by charlesdanb Quote
y'all seem like a good crowd.
Ha! Fooled another one.
Welcome to the forum.
07-10-2020, 03:20 PM - 1 Like   #457
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a similar setup - my PayPal email address is only used for my PayPal account. I’ve never had a situation where Eric didn’t associate my payment with my camera, Note that I enter the camera description and Invoice number in the memo section if it isn’t already in the PayPal Invoice.
QuoteOriginally posted by charlesdanb Quote
Hi, quick question. I sent Eric my Pentax K1000 a couple weeks ago and received an invoice a few days later. I paid the bill through PayPal, however my account is associated with a different email address than what Eric had used to contact me. At the same time I sent Eric an email clarifying this.

Is this anyone else's experience, and will Eric recognize the invoice as paid?

Thanks for your advice. I've been hovering around these forums for awhile now--y'all seem like a good crowd.

07-10-2020, 03:30 PM - 1 Like   #458

Great, thanks for the reassurance. And thanks for the welcome!
07-10-2020, 07:20 PM - 3 Likes   #459

Just got my KM back today from Eric. Little over 2 weeks to repair ... pretty darn good! 👍🏻

I haven’t taken a picture with this camera since around 1985! About 10 years ago I moved to digital but now I’d like to get back to film. I need to figure out what film is available compared to 1985!

Last edited by Tony D; 07-12-2020 at 07:39 AM.
07-12-2020, 04:44 PM - 2 Likes   #460
Veteran Member

Just got my KM back today from Eric. Little over 2 weeks to repair ... pretty darn good! 👍🏻

I haven’t taken a picture with this camera since around 1985! About 10 years ago I moved to digital but now I’d like to get back to film. I need to figure out what film is available compared to 1985!
Markedly less than was available then, but there's still plenty to choose from and a number of very good new stocks. Kodak Ektar is a modern favorite of many... near transparency-level grain structure, color, and detail with the more forgiving nature of being a negative emulsion. Kodak re-released Ektachrome a year or more ago as well - a modern version which is frankly fantastic stuff. Fujifilm is slowly but sure retreating from film, but Superia varieties are excellent, everyday affordable C41 stocks.
07-12-2020, 05:08 PM - 2 Likes   #461
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

My KX loves it some XP-2 black and white. It develops in color chemistry, so it’s super easy for a commercial lab to handle.

The Ektar is very good in a 100 speed, vastly better than what was available in 1985...

I also like the Fuji Superia in 200 and 400 speed, and I keep wanting to use the Kodak Portra based on what people here have been doing with it.

-Eric
07-13-2020, 06:04 AM   #462

Thanks for the information on print film. I’ll try some different types and see what works well. Can order online or probably find local. Much appreciated...
07-27-2020, 11:47 AM - 5 Likes   #463

Was excited to get my K1000 back today—every wheel, hinge, and lever feels tighter. Crystal clear viewfinder. I used to be incredulous about the supposed "new camera smell," but not anymore. Allow me to contribute my testimony to Eric's great reputation.
07-30-2020, 07:48 PM   #464

I emailed him one or two weeks ago and he said he's not taking any more orders to the mid or end of August I think . he told me he needed time to catch up
08-04-2020, 07:55 PM - 1 Like   #465
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I got my MX back from Eric today, he received it on the 14th and he actually sent it back on the 29th, so I would say that is a decent turnaround, but it was "lost" in the mail and just arrived this morning, however we had a hurricane last night and most of today was cleaning up tree debris. Took a couple of photos of it tonight and hope to load film tomorrow. The camera looks beautiful, and it's pretty exciting to look through that big viewfinder.