Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
06-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
Got the film today now have to finish film in one of my cameras. Just curious would any camera be better than another in regards to this film have a

Spotmatic, ME , PZ-1P and a MZ-7

Whichever you can be most precise about metering and exposure with, would be my recommendation. Other than that, go with your feeling. I'd lean toward the Spottie or the PZ-1P, and not consider the ME (for lack of manual exposure) ...but whatever you trust most and want to use.

Also, btw, remember that these films do not have a lot of latitude, particularly for overexposure. Treat them like an early digital sensor, only you can't do post. One reason I suggest a polarizer is because quite often you simply have to let a pretty blue sky go, otherwise. (Don't try to fudge it in: ) Expose for your subject. A polarizer will help you get those Kodachrome skies if you can.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 06-28-2010 at 02:05 PM.
06-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
i'd be scared to shoot this stuff...
just because of the presure knowing that it's such a rare film.
06-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
No Garfunkel on that one, just Rhymin' Simon.

Last edited by GeneV; 06-28-2010 at 03:22 PM.
06-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
PM sent for regular have never shot any and when are they stopping development of it?
I think the development at Duane's ends the end of this year. It is great that you will have that experience.

I've shot a few thousand Kodachrome slides, so I've had my shot. I am happy that someone else gets to try it before it is over.

06-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PNTXFTW12 Quote
i'd be scared to shoot this stuff...
just because of the presure knowing that it's such a rare film.
Hee, well, remember that it was a consumer film for a very long time, too. People used to have a whole different attitude toward then-normal manual exposure. (And, admittedly, miss a fair bit, but less than you'd think. People were also more careful, if slower)

Just if you want to get the best out of it: it's a slide film and all.

But it's not to be intimidated about: it's film. It puts its pants on one leg at a time.
06-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Whichever you can be most precise about metering and exposure with, would be my recommendation. Other than that, go with your feeling. I'd lean toward the Spottie or the PZ-1P, and not consider the ME (for lack of manual exposure) ...but whatever you trust most and want to use.

Also, btw, remember that these films do not have a lot of latitude, particularly for overexposure. Treat them like an early digital sensor, only you can't do post. One reason I suggest a polarizer is because quite often you simply have to let a pretty blue sky go, otherwise. (Don't try to fudge it in: ) Expose for your subject. A polarizer will help you get those Kodachrome skies if you can.
Yes for sure use a polarizer for those “Kodak blue sky moments”. For all other outdoor shooting a skylight filter would be the first choice for colour slide film, especially Kodachrome. I always had a skylight filter on my standard lens during my Kodachrome days and still use one when I shoot the modern Fuji & Kodak slide films. Works like a charm!

Phil.
06-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Crap!

I keep trying to ram this "Kodachrome" into the SD slot of my K-x, but it just doesn't want to go.

Am I doing something wrong? I looked on YouTube, but no luck.

The roll is all over the place. The edges are kind of sharp. Who designed this stuff? Sony? I keep tripping on it.

HELP!

Last edited by Aristophanes; 07-04-2010 at 03:47 PM.
06-28-2010, 08:41 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Crap!

I keep trying to ram this "Kodachrome" it into the SD slot of my K-x, but it just doesn't want to go.

Am I doing something wrong? I looked on YouTube, but no luck.

The roll is all over the place. The edges are kind of sharp. Who designed this stuff? Sony? I keep tripping on it.

HELP!
Did you take it out of the cannister first?
06-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I would like to request another criteria for receiving this film. that you post some of the shots that you make with it...
06-29-2010, 04:49 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mtroute Quote
I would like to request another criteria for receiving this film. that you post some of the shots that you make with it...
OH sure like thats no pressure for those of us that have never used the film before now we have to show the world if we mess up
06-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One benefit of using Kodachrome is that it taught you to get exposure right.

Chris