Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How do I know the film is advancing ?

Pentax program plus.

Loaded the 24 exp. film, slid into the slots on the left reel, wound the left wheel till the film was tight and the film holes slid into the projections as well.

The film seems to be advancing, took 24 exp. it still did'nt stop, 29 even then it doesn't stop. I tried to wind the film back, and fir the first half turn I felt resistance as if the thougn film is winding back, and then none.

It looks like the film didn't advance at all....how do I tell, and how do I avoid this in the future. I am thinking of winding the film with the door open to make sure it's engaged.

Went into a dark room and removed the film, the whole film is now insdie the canister.

Thank you

06-26-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Aafter you load the film, turn the rewind crank back until you feel resistance. Then as you advance the film, the crank will rotate with each film advance.

This will confirm the film is advancing.
06-26-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
ok! drug mart tried to develope it and it was blank.....

Got the other one working. Thanks.

Last edited by pcarfan; 06-26-2010 at 10:43 AM.
06-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just as an aside, because I don't trust one hour shops to know what they are doing...

If you take true black and white film (silver chemistry) to a one hour lab, and they then run it through their c-41 process, the film will come back 100% blank. The leader will be clear, the exposure numbers will be gone, every thing will be clear.

This counts as a screw up on their part.

If this is how your negatives look, go back and raise hell.

06-26-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the heads-up, appreciate it very much.