Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I haven't shot any myself, but from what I've seen Ektar seems just too finicky with regard to exposure.
For my slow color negative film I will continue to rely on Kodak Gold 100 as long as it remains available.

Chris
I'll have to try it. I have only used the 200 (since the '80s).

07-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #32
Pentaxian

I've only shot three rolls of Ektar in 120 so far. My last roll was with a Rolleicord using the Sunny 16 rule and all turned out fine even the skin tones. And the first roll was at twilight with mixed artificial light temperatures and slow shutter speeds which exposed pretty much as expected. So far it doesn't look that finicky to me. But I don't shoot color as much as you guys to know the nuances.
07-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I've only shot three rolls of Ektar in 120 so far. My last roll was with a Rolleicord using the Sunny 16 rule and all turned out fine even the skin tones. And the first roll was at twilight with mixed artificial light temperatures and slow shutter speeds which exposed pretty much as expected. So far it doesn't look that finicky to me. But I don't shoot color as much as you guys to know the nuances.
The color did not seem all that tricky to me, but the exposure is more transparency-like. It's all about hitting the exposure. As long as I think Kodachrome, I'm fine.
07-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Indeed. All else being equal I'd rather shoot slide film instead.

I use color print film mainly for situations where I need broad exposure latitude.
Ektar doesn't appear to meet my requirements in this regard.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 07-26-2010 at 05:47 PM.
07-26-2010, 09:18 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
The color did not seem all that tricky to me, but the exposure is more transparency-like. It's all about hitting the exposure. As long as I think Kodachrome, I'm fine.
As a user that came from digital first, the exposure latitude of Ektar 100 seems pretty good to me
But yes I do seem to see that it's not as forgiving as other films... In my limited experience I haven't noticed it to be a problem at all.
08-21-2010, 08:27 AM   #36
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I really like this camera. I ended up with two of them.

However, is there anyone else that is annoyed just a little bit by 1)the camera disallowing my bonus exposure at counter 0, and 2) the "1000" as the indication that things aren't working? (Every time the camera legitimately exposes at 1/1000, I get nervous).

Maybe they will fix this in the next firmware revision.