Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Christmas in June!

I got a present in the mail today from a lovely Pentax loving gentleman elsewhere. He sent me a near perfect, near immaculate and supposedly fully working SPII!

(He's was actually supposed to be sending a cold shoe and flash cable for my old SPI. This camera was a huge surprise and I didn't even know it was coming till a day or so ago!)

He sent it in a Honeywell case which made me laugh as my old SPI is a Honeywell and I never did find a proper case for that. (It's got one now!) I did however have a very fancy upscale version of the black leather PA case tucked away. It came complete with PA embossed upon it and some kind of metal eye and crown emblem and it was in just awesome shape. Up till now I never felt I had a Pentax in a condition truly worthy of it, but I think this SPII definitely qualifies!

I'm going to take it back out later, take some pics of it for posterity (and to show off) then try to take a few shots just before sunset. (Wait till you all see!!!!)

This is just such a SWEET camera! I couldn't be more thrilled with it if I'd just opened the box and found a K-7 in there, seriously! I should be getting the one from Goodwill too, tomorrow, but I have no doubts that it won't be nearly as pretty as this one is.

I don't usually name or anthropomorphise my cameras but I'm officially dubbing this camera Queenie, because she's sleek, beautiful, definitely female, and the QUEEN of all my vintage cameras!

06-28-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote

I don't usually name or anthropomorphise my cameras but I'm officially dubbing this camera Queenie, because she's sleek, beautiful, definitely female, and the QUEEN of all my vintage cameras!

Heehee. A creditable camera name.
06-28-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
She's sitting on my desk as I work. Anyone who comes near her I practically snarl at. I can't wait to get off shift so I can go play with Queenie! 2 hours to go, sigh....

Update: Mama Nature really spoiled my party! Just as I was able to get outside to do birds, sunset et all mega RAIN. it will be too late after it stops to get anywhere outside. There's no interesting lights or anything here. We're pretty dark and rural at night around here, so I'm going to have to get up early to take Queenie out for her first spin anyway.

Darn, we had a big date planned with our Takumar 105MM, a teleconverter, a lake and hopefully some pretty birds right before sunset!

Last edited by magkelly; 06-28-2010 at 04:56 PM.
06-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice work!
I have a rather pretty black SP that I seem to have familiar feelings towards. You should take a photo of your new friend as soon as possible... As well as take photos with it, of course.