Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

These are the one's I have found, I like the Red strap the best but the White Letters keep falling off.

07-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I found a nice authentic hippie strap once that had hippie attached.
Well, that's the only way to really get them.

I think I've told the story of why I will never use the dog-clip fasteners they come with, (at least without welding them shut) before.

It involved nearly dropping an FTb onto a tour group of kindergarteners from three stories up and a miraculous midair snatch of the loose end, as well as, I believe, someone's assistance in keeping me from going over the railing in the process. Beware cheap fasteners. Not worth the karma.
07-10-2010, 01:03 AM   #18

Riley G Strap works

Check Out

Riley G Strapworks out

Camera Straps - Camera Strap - Designer Camera Straps - Cool Camera Straps

There a So-Cal based premium hand made camera strap maker specializing in leather, vinyl and various recycled materials such as cloth from a vintage couch or leather from a porsche seat.

They'll make you a custom strap too with any fabric you choose as long a you can provide a 4" x 30" piece
07-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by supersneeze Quote
Check Out

Riley G Strapworks out

Camera Straps - Camera Strap - Designer Camera Straps - Cool Camera Straps

There a So-Cal based premium hand made camera strap maker specializing in leather, vinyl and various recycled materials such as cloth from a vintage couch or leather from a porsche seat.

They'll make you a custom strap too with any fabric you choose as long a you can provide a 4" x 30" piece
I think I should go into business selling high end camera straps

Steve

07-10-2010, 06:05 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How about this one?

07-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #21
Veteran Member

My favorite strap:

Had to buy two SuperA cameras to get these straps
07-10-2010, 06:38 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are plenty on eBay:

eBay search: Hippie strap

eBay search: Rainbow strap

Chris

07-10-2010, 10:42 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, I didn't get that lucky when I was looking the other day though. Lots more since then. Anyway, I've got one coming I think, an old rainbow strap, though I still may try making one or two just for fun now that I see how easy they are. The luxury strap cracked me up though. Nice, but that place, the straps they cost more than most of my cameras did! LOL

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
07-11-2010, 06:12 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
How about this one?
Ooh, now *that's* something that'd be precious to a small group of overlapping fandoms.
07-16-2010, 10:50 AM   #25
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
What's all this talk of retro, I'm still using the original LX straps they came with, in fact I have moved them across to my DSLR's now.
07-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A while back pacific rim camera had some NOS pentax straps. Can't really get much more retro than that.
07-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #27
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PGillin Quote
A while back pacific rim camera had some NOS pentax straps. Can't really get much more retro than that.
They still have a bunch of Pentax straps, though I think they are the new type similar to those that ship with the current model cameras.

Here is a copy/paste from their catalog:

QuoteQuote:
88439 ASAHI PENTAX SLIM LINE NECK STRAP, BLACK AND RED, NEW IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE $5.00

88500 ASAHI PENTAX SLIM LINE NECK STRAP, BLACK AND RED, NEW IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE, CASE OF 10 $15.00

88499 ASAHI PENTAX SLIM LINE NECK STRAP, BLACK AND RED, NEW IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE, CASE OF 10 $15.00

Steve