Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
beautiful. id love to have one of those. probably more than all other m42 Takumars.
Thing is, it's really, really tiny; so much so that it could be mistaken for a normal lens from a distance.

The combination of the H2 and the 83 seems likely to be the smallest & lightest large-aperture 35mm reflex rig for people shooting that I've come across.

In another coupla weeks I will have finished the roll in that camera and we'll see what the field results look like.

Bob Palmieri

08-20-2010, 04:17 PM   #17
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by snapwell Quote
Thing is, it's really, really tiny; so much so that it could be mistaken for a normal lens from a distance.

The combination of the H2 and the 83 seems likely to be the smallest & lightest large-aperture 35mm reflex rig for people shooting that I've come across.

In another coupla weeks I will have finished the roll in that camera and we'll see what the field results look like.

Bob Palmieri
small is what its about, and Asahi Optical did that better than anyone else. period. wonderful combo you have there. even that black H2 is a bit of a rare bird. don’t see too many heiland honeywells (especially with correct split rings) much less a black one.
08-20-2010, 11:46 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by snapwell Quote
OK... lessee if I can do this (just realized that I fergot to resize, so if it comes out stupid-big I'll try again):
That's a beauty!
I actually don't have any Honeywells...maybe I should get one. Nah, it is bad enough that I started bidding on 67 bodies.
08-21-2010, 04:10 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Used to have this pretty worn black combo:

Now only got this black one left, also kinda beaten up, my favorite film camera:

08-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ROR

QuoteOriginally posted by puderse Quote
Mine's a little more beat up than yours. And a little grubby!

Does anyone have a better idea about cleaning it up (not the glass!) than a toothbrush dipped in windex and then dried almost completly before cleaning the 50 years of crustieness out of every crevice of the metal and skin.

I will not be taking it apart just to clean it up.

Someone sugested Flitz but I don't want to loose the patina on the brassieness.

You can see my F has been my buddy a long time.
I Use Residual Oil Remover and lens tissue for that job.

B&H product Optical Cleaning Solutions
08-21-2010, 08:18 AM   #21

Those are two really good examples of two very different ways of shooting a camera!
09-19-2010, 04:52 PM   #22

Original Poster
Bkack SV

This was so grubby when I got it I thought it was a grey market and the name had been blacked out with epoxy. Cleaned it up a little and the white of the engraving began to show through!

It's beat up but it still "ties every bundle."

Last edited by puderse; 06-23-2015 at 11:12 AM.
09-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #23
Site Supporter

A few more of my black bodies . . .

09-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #24
Veteran Member

My new to me ES II in lustrous black I also have a black Ricoh KR-5 Super, but have not shot a photo of it yet, will have to get on that !!

09-20-2010, 02:11 AM   #25
Pentaxian

I have posted these elsewhere but they seem to fit in this thread so apologies if you have seen them before.

My ES.

The ES in action.

My LX with various viewfinders and the SMC "K" 50mm f/1.2 lens.

Sorry, this one isn't a Pentax, but it is black! The Horseman LE.

I have various other black SLRs (ME Super, ME, MX, MV, MV1, Super A) but no photos as yet.
Best wishes, Kris.
09-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #26
Banned

I know I’ve shown this already, but it fits with the topic, so why not show it again. she belongs to my fiancee now though. its ok, because they are both beauties. the lenses however are all mine!

09-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My K Series "All Blacks"!
Attached Images

09-20-2010, 05:17 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Some of these are great. They're also the reason it's so hard for me to find a black SLR in m42. But still, congratulations, those are some great cameras.
09-20-2010, 11:55 PM   #29
Pentaxian

Lovely little set, gofour3. I have a KX and KM in the usual silver, but haven't yet managed to pick up a K2 let alone a black K2DMD. It looks in lovely condition?

K.
09-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Lovely little set, gofour3. I have a KX and KM in the usual silver, but haven't yet managed to pick up a K2 let alone a black K2DMD. It looks in lovely condition?

K.
Thanks! Yes all of the bodies are in great condition and except for the K2 have been CLAed by Eric. (The K2 was CLAed by someone else)

They are all great cameras, so I also have a silver K series set: K1000, K1000SE, KM, KX & K2!

Phil.