Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #1

Pentax Winder ME II Problem?

Hi. I have just bought a winder II on ebay to use with my Pentax ME and ME Super cameras.

For some reason although the motor turns quite nicely off the cameras it doesn't seem to advance the film when on them. It does make quite a constant whizz sound when in S or C positions. Both of my cameras had film in them when I fitted it and I made sure (as the manual suggests) that the advance lever on the camera is not cocked when I fit the winder. I've tried this a few times now on both cameras (which are working fine) with the same results. The red light does come on when I squeeze the winder trigger.

Any suggestions of what I might check or have I bought a duff winder?

Thanks

John

09-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Does the little coupling ring on the top of the winder rotate when you advance it without the camera? It should! K.
09-20-2010, 01:20 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks,
I have now put some brand new Duracell AAs in the winder and all is well.

Sorry...

John