Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
Inactive Account

trouble with motor drive "a" ?

i went to a local game reserve to take pictures and my motor drive "a" began to act funny. sometimes it would advance sometimes not. sometimes it would pause and then do it. it has given me trouble in the past when there was a problem with the film canister.normally do to really off brand film. i'm also not really wild about the fact it doesn't make an audible noise at the end of a roll of film. my canon "ma" drive would.
now mind you i don't have top of the line batteries in this thing. their the store brand where i work. basically their cheap.there i admitted it. it's been awhile since i installed them and because of what they are they are probably week. any input here?

10-17-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
With my brief experience with the MD A: Battery problems tend to show themselves at the end of a film roll.
Random problems with the film advance may be due to bad contact somewhere, try to reinsert the battery pack, or even knock it gently while holding the shutter button.

(My 'A' is broken, and acted fairly similar to yours before it stopped working completely. May be easy to fix, may be not.)
10-18-2010, 06:08 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks it was just fine.