Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Could somebody recommand a lab developping B&W film?

I plan to do it myself in the future.
But right now I need a lab to develop and scan some B&W film.

11-08-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dwayne's does mail order:
Black and white film processing/developing and printing - Dwayne's Photo Service - Parsons, Kansas
there are others as well, B&H sells some mailers... and if you have a traditional camera store near by they may do at least the developing part

Wayne's is good however
11-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #3

I've been using Dwayne's for Kodachrome, no b&w yet. Their scans of K-chrome seem to be low resolution. This may help some from Kodak's website:

KODAK Pro Lab Resource Center

I've found a lab not too far away from me that I plan to begin taking my Ektar and Portra to when I shoot it. Mass market: if you're shooting C-41 process such as the BW400CN, Walgreen's does best for me but sometimes they tend to look blue.

By all means, try Dwayne's also. Great reputation, prices are reasonable.
11-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Moonphoto in Seattle, WA. Outstanding for decades. They do mail order too.

M

11-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Citizens Photo in Portland is supposed to do a pretty decent job, though I don't know if they do mail-order...
Citizens Photo

Steve
11-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #6

The future is now, what's holding you up?
12-06-2010, 11:16 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Dwayne's does mail order:
Black and white film processing/developing and printing - Dwayne's Photo Service - Parsons, Kansas
there are others as well, B&H sells some mailers... and if you have a traditional camera store near by they may do at least the developing part

Wayne's is good however
I have just tried out the DWayne's Photo and I think they have the best pricing in mail-order. For a roll of 120 b&w, the development fee is $4.50, shipping is $4.50 for 1st and 0.5 for additional ones. If you have 2+ rolls to develop at one time, the development fee can average down nicely to about $7.0 with shipping. Forget about the $2.99 for a photo CD, it is the lowest resolution that is not worth paying for.

But their processing have something that is undesirable -- I have to call them up to confirm why they are using stapler at both ends of the film strip. I developed two rolls of 120 b&w with them and and I got 3 negatives close to the stapler location that are crooked.

Thanks,
Hin