Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
It was the film of gods. I used Fujichrome :-)

Steve

11-20-2010, 10:29 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
It was the film of gods.
I used Tech pan.
11-21-2010, 03:29 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Why is it that we have no problem blasting off 300-400 shots in a session with a digital camera but struggle to finish 36 measly frames of film over months (even years, I confess)? Are we too cheap? Too lazy? What is it? I can sit for hours clicking away with an empty film camera just for the sheer pleasure of handling it, but to actually load a film in it and finish it off is torture! I don't understand...
11-21-2010, 09:38 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
One is a bit more careful when the click is not free.

However, for me it is getting out in the right situation with the right body. I have a lot of film bodies and too many of them with film inside. On top of that, if I am shooting something I know I need right away, or shooting indoors, it is easier to grab a digital body.

11-21-2010, 10:29 AM   #35
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

What Gene said...

Steve
11-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #36
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

What Gene said...

Steve
11-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
In my case it was a combination of the wrong film in the wrong cameras. The best known cure is a new camera or two, of course:

I now have film-diarrhea

11-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #38
Inactive Account

fortunately there's a cure both...
11-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Lol :d
11-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #40
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Another one bites the dust. I finished the roll of Acros in the Super Program this afternoon doing photos for a tripod/head review.

It is snowing outside, so there should be some opportunity for some B&W work maybe this evening.

Steve
11-22-2010, 01:17 AM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Another one bites the dust. I finished the roll of Acros in the Super Program this afternoon doing photos for a tripod/head review.

It is snowing outside, so there should be some opportunity for some B&W work maybe this evening.

Steve
Do one for me while you're about it, mate. I've actually got as far as loading some film into a couple of tanks, but that was several months ago...

Les

PS It's 35degrees Celsius outside here. Why don't you come on down and warm up a bit?
11-22-2010, 06:17 AM   #42
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Has anyone resorted to keeping track of what's where - or what went through what camera + lens - on an index card?
I keep a Moleskine notebook with film info in it.
For every roll I go through I record the body used, start and finish dates, general notes about what I took pictures of and any other pertinent info. I mainly do it for record keeping and easy organization and recall of both the analog and digital versions of film pictures, but if I check out my list and see a roll has been in the process of being exposed for too long I'll usually just finish it up ASAP.

Last edited by Votesh; 11-22-2010 at 06:22 AM.
11-22-2010, 06:44 AM   #43
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Wombat Quote
Why is it that we have no problem blasting off 300-400 shots in a session with a digital camera but struggle to finish 36 measly frames of film over months (even years, I confess)? Are we too cheap? Too lazy? What is it? I can sit for hours clicking away with an empty film camera just for the sheer pleasure of handling it, but to actually load a film in it and finish it off is torture! I don't understand...
Digital leads to obsession over the image presented on/in the LCD. If a shot doesn't come out "right" on that little LCD, I try to get it to until I succeed, or give up. If a shot doesn't come out right on film I don't know about it for at least a few hours, generally much more.

For me, that is the main reason for the difference in number of attempts. I might spend half an hour and dozens of exposures trying to get a "perfect" picture of something with digital, but due to the waiting period with film I'm more inclined to walk away from a subject without "the" shot. If I didn't get the photo I wanted, I won't know until later.
11-22-2010, 08:59 PM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
In my case it was a combination of the wrong film in the wrong cameras. The best known cure is a new camera or two, of course:

That looks like some old 120 Tri-X Pan in that picture. I haven't seen TXP in green for years.
11-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
That looks like some old 120 Tri-X Pan in that picture. I haven't seen TXP in green for years.
Yep, came with the Ikoflex. I'm of two minds about developing it or leaving as is.