Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Though I have 5 film bodies, but I only load one film at a time. I must be too stingy. And even with 24 exposures, it still takes about a month to finish it because of the rains in this area like Pete said.

David

02-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #62

With me it's the winter month's that drag me down. I have more cameras including Polaroid
cameras.winter is not inviting to me.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.
02-23-2011, 07:54 AM   #63
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by IS050 Quote
Though I have 5 film bodies, but I only load one film at a time. I must be too stingy. And even with 24 exposures, it still takes about a month to finish it because of the rains in this area like Pete said.

David
Normally, I would not have so many bodies loaded, either. I had visitors around the holidays, and I was shooting rolls quickly and enjoying my film shots, but I decided I wanted variety. Everyone left, I had to have some surgery, and I did not get out and about again until recently.
02-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Normally, I would not have so many bodies loaded, either. I had visitors around the holidays, and I was shooting rolls quickly and enjoying my film shots, but I decided I wanted variety. Everyone left, I had to have some surgery, and I did not get out and about again until recently.
Damn and Blast! I was in Santa Fe for business two weeks ago and brought an XA but I was totally unprepared for 5 below at sunrise. Only got 1/2 a roll of Ektar into the XA. Every camera I own has a partially exposed roll in it.

I'll be at Angel Fire and Cimarron in September so maybe I'll get some sunrise/sunsets.

02-27-2011, 08:21 AM   #65
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Damn and Blast! I was in Santa Fe for business two weeks ago and brought an XA but I was totally unprepared for 5 below at sunrise. Only got 1/2 a roll of Ektar into the XA. Every camera I own has a partially exposed roll in it.

I'll be at Angel Fire and Cimarron in September so maybe I'll get some sunrise/sunsets.
Everyone here was totally unprepared for the temperatures in early February. I could have gotten out and taken photos of hundreds of broken pipes.
02-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #66
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Everyone here was totally unprepared for the temperatures in early February. I could have gotten out and taken photos of hundreds of broken pipes.
Oof, wild weather again. Just as a point of by-the-way, Gene, I understand that in areas like Teas and New Mexico, they were plumbing houses with a grey sort of PVC-like pipe, and apparently that's pretty notorious for failing in cold snaps. (And possibly just in general) If that's the stuff you've got, that may be a worry.

As for loaded cameras, I tend to usually like to keep a roll in any given thing: now that I've split systems it's a bit of something to keep up with. (What I've got, is a number of bodies with five or six exposures on a roll in them. )
02-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #67
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Oof, wild weather again. Just as a point of by-the-way, Gene, I understand that in areas like Teas and New Mexico, they were plumbing houses with a grey sort of PVC-like pipe, and apparently that's pretty notorious for failing in cold snaps. (And possibly just in general) If that's the stuff you've got, that may be a worry.

As for loaded cameras, I tend to usually like to keep a roll in any given thing: now that I've split systems it's a bit of something to keep up with. (What I've got, is a number of bodies with five or six exposures on a roll in them. )

It wasn't just the polybutylene that broke. (Actually, most of that has been replaced) There just isn't enough insulation between the pipes and the outside walls to work with subzero temperatures. This was record-setting cold.

Your set of film bodies is about like mine.